homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 40)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

A 12 year old a bit north of here but in the same state died yesterday from Diphtheria - it turns out there has been a campaign against immunisation in certain areas and there about 25,000 unvaccinated kids in that district!

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh no! [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(I was thinking of you, too, Telepath, and here you are!)

Please remember Laura and her parents in your prayers. It was seven years ago yesterday that Laura was hit and almost killed by a drunken driver as she left the university library; she spent months in the ICU and then rehab. She will never be the same. She breaks my heart, and so do her poor parents. [Votive]

Praying through, for all, by name. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of D. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive] For all who will mourn him.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Rossweisse.

For daisymay.

For Erroneous Monk’s JB.

For upholding for Erroneous Monk.

For swift healing for Diomedes.

For Cottontail’s J and her husband and children, for healing and upholding all round.

For Smudgie and Smudgelet, for him to fly free and thrive at uni, for Smudgie to enjoy the spaciousness of the nest, and for all others in similar situations.

For the child who died of diphtheria. For more vaccination.

For Laura, for healing, and for upholding for her and her parents.

For the repose of the soul of Japes’ D.

For the Telemum. Show me, please, how to help her.

For my grant application to get funded oh please oh please.

For P. and K. and M.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] running [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all needs mentioned above [Votive]

I'm going away for a few days holiday on Monday and I've got a really bad cold. Feel really rough this morning. Prayers that it goes away quickly and doesn't spoil the week would be appreciated.

[ 19. September 2015, 10:59: Message edited by: Abigail ]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Try and spend the weekend dosing yourself with honey/lemon/cold remedies and, most of all, sleeping. Hope you feel better by Monday and have a great holiday.

[Votive] for you and for all in need.

[ 19. September 2015, 18:22: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Something is coming. I don't know what it is. I'm trying to trust G-d (and other people), but...

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For healing for Abigail. (Same for Telemum.)

For trust and safety for saysay.

Please let my grant be funded.

Please let me get on top of my finances.

Travelling mercies for S. and L. tomorrow.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through, for all, by name. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Try and spend the weekend dosing yourself with honey/lemon/cold remedies and, most of all, sleeping. Hope you feel better by Monday and have a great holiday.

[Votive] for you and for all in need.

Thank you Piglet, that's what I've been doing. I slept better last night without the cough keeping me awake, so hopefully I'm on the mend. (Still feeling very sorry for myself though [Frown] )

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Abigail - from someone else who is feeling sorry for herself.

Going to the doctor as I have a lump on my breast, related to a bruise from when I fell down the steps. I think I also have some kind of whiplash in my back/neck. My own doc isn't available so I have to see a bloke who is a good doc, but not my choice.

Please pray that I don't fall apart and embarrass myself. I'm such a wuss.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Huia - prayers ascending for you from a fellow-wuss.

[Votive] for you and for all in need, and for the soul of C., one of life's Really Good People™ who, reunited with her husband, will be making Heaven ring with laughter. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Powerful wuss-abi from above for all! This should clear out our senses and sinuses, and make us breathe (godly?) fire for a while. [Smile]

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through

[Votive]

Please pray for an immediate cessation of all my half-arsed, self-sabotaging habits and decisions.

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had some life-changing news. I'm pretty sure that in 5 years time I will think it's good news to have had, but it is going to take some getting used to and I've been crying with shock / stress / tension for over 30 mins now.

I also desperately want to stay on top of work while processing said life-changing news - but my work is frequently stressful and doesn't have quiet periods to nicely fit with times when a lot is going on in one's personal life (stress of work has probably also contributed to me crying for the past half hour, but shock of the news is probably a bigger contributor).

And my best friend's phone is fucking broken so I can't talk to them for support.

And there is a really good thing which I want, which might possibly happen, but I am trying really hard to pray 'Thy will be done' rather than 'I want! Give me!', but I think it would be a very good thing which I really would like to happen, but I know God's views on what would be really good for us don't always coincide with our own.

Sorry ...

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zoey [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

and also I need to sleep with no pain: last night I woke up a pain two times. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For healing for Abigail.

For healing for Huia.

For the repose of the soul of Piglet’s C.

For an immediate cessation of all ArachnidinElmet’s half-arsed, self-sabotaging habits and decisions. (Same for me, please.)

For Zoey to be comforted and upheld. For her to stay on top of work.

For healing and good sleep for daisymay.

For my grant to be funded.

For good relationships.

For K. and M. and B.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

For Telepath, and all her petitions, both for herself and for others. [Votive]

As always, praying through, for all, by name. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially for courage for Zoey.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for H, 83 who died last Friday. Also for her her husband, who despite advanced dementia, has somehow understood she is gone. He is heartbroken.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Rossweisse.

For courage for Zoey.

For Lothlorien’s H, may she rest in peace and rise in glory. For her husband to be comforted in his loss.

For the Telemum.

For my grant to be funded.

For me to get on top of my finances.

I’m making excellent progress with my time management which was all over the place earlier this year, after a bout of working extra long hours. So, thanks for that and may it continue.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would appreciate prayers for my father. He's in remission from myeloma, and is due to have minor surgery on 1 October. However, he came down with a mild case of shingles last week. His GP says the shingles will have cleared before the op, but he's worried and down; the op will make him feel much more comfortable and any prospect of it not happening is depressing. Also, he has monthly blood tests for the myeloma coming back, which will mean going back onto chemo, which is also stressful.

Please pray
1) that the shingles clear rapidly
2) that the op on 1 October goes ahead and is successful
3) that the myeloma doesn't recur anytime soon
4) that his spirits lift.

Thank you.

Praying for Rossweisse and all affected by cancer, and for daisymay and all those whose sleep is disturbed by pain.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying.....for all mentioned here
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Tomorrow I go to the hospital to get me eyes checked and maybe fixed. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

For all.
[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Daisymay and NEQ's dad; and for the soul of Lothlorien's H.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For pastor J, suffering from cancer, whose wife has just died of cancer. And their family.
Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, and in particular for NEQ's father and for daisymay.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those whose day has exploded and will go to bed tonight a different person. May they be given comfort, strength and wisdom to know what to do next.
Oh and really good friends who are able to just Be with them
[Votive]

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

and today they checked my ewes and they told me to come tomorrow just at 8am ! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016