homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 31)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[brick wall]

I'd have stood a chance of beating that smug little Ariston fellow if, when I'd opened up the quiz, I'd actually got on and done it instead of forgetting it was against the clock for the few seconds it took me to have a slurp of my coffee!

[brick wall]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got them all right, even the one about the US [Smile] , although I was still very slow [Frown]

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quiz right here.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoever decides which quizzes are Harder or Very Easy or whatever must be on some wonderful drugs!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like all quizzes, they're easy when you know the answer.

Or when you borrow Pete's guessometer and it's working ... [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awful, 2 I didn't know and one I didn't read properly [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm glad there's a Sunday quiz. Gives the rest of us a shot at being farther up the list. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucky Guess Piglet staggers into 12th place ... [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well that was an odd quiz. I think I wasted 20 seconds just staring baffled at the questions.
Decent score more luck than good judgement

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Question one. What a strange one. My answer could have been right! [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was going to ask if there was a wrong answer to Q1?
Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Question one. What a strange one. My answer could have been right! [Razz]

Haven't you noticed the editors' obsession with that part of the anatomy? [Ultra confused]

[pedantry alert ON]

From the answer to one of the questions:
quote:
"I never did very good ..."
I'd have a bit more respect for the quiz editors if they'd speak proper English. [Mad]

[/pedantry alert OFF]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
3 seconds faster than yesterday but that ain't saying much.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not hard but too slow, too slow... [Disappointed]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

First to play, first on the list, no chance of staying there.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to see the back of January.
Chose the answer I'd heard of. Realised there was another slightly more obscure answer I'd heard of and changed it. Idiot.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I spent too long guessing the answer for question 6, but I got it right. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Under 50 seconds but someone else will be along shortly to do it in under 30, possibly under 20!!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I also had to guess no 6.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 36 seconds isn't bad for me, but not much use on a Very Easy day. It's not so much duff brain as duff eye/hand/mouse co-ordination.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's coordination? Could I have some, please, ma'am?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You could if I had any to spare ... [Disappointed]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The guessometer doesn't work on the Indian power grid. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It worked just fine in Newfoundland - I managed 5th place. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Slowing down in my old age but still impressivley accurate [Cool]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

8/10 AND a computer glitch - not my day!

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fell down on the American question. Oh well...

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only 6 right [Disappointed] worst for a long time. Think I might be immersed in all the wrong cultural references for that one... (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Don't you just hate it when you change a right guess to a wrong one? [Mad]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll never get 10/10 when the quiz contains a maths question. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Don't you just hate it when you change a right guess to a wrong one?

... and love it when you don't? [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pathetically slow again - having to read one question twice didn't help.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Lots of guesses there.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just discovered this, could be addictive.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Had no idea about the last question. Uncle Pete's Guessometer must be broken. Or out of gas. Or something.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, it's bad enough having those dumb navel-gazy "Quiz Protocol" questions, but having one that's three lines long? That you have to read twice to parse? Sheeeit.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Had no idea about the last question. Uncle Pete's Guessometer must be broken. Or out of gas. Or something.

No it wasn't - I borrowed it. Mind you, it didn't work on the mythical animal question; I got it just as wrong this time as I did last time. I think I'll write the answer on the wall above my computer ... [Big Grin]

Maybe it needs to go in for its 5000-mile service.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BUMP!

Grrrr...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Maybe I won't be sick in March! Maybe then I can tick the correct answers!!!! Especially when I know them. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

In Q.10 and in USA I reckon there is more than one correct answer!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Never heard of the phrase in question 9!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10 out of 10 but just too blasted slow. Must think quicker!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Would the person who has my Guessometer&trad; please return it before tomorrow's quiz?

[Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

So, which one did you get wrong, Pete?

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Piglet, do you still have Uncle Pete's Guessometer? I think I had it before you. I don't think I broke it, but it had a little part dangling, so I just shoved it in the Magic Hat aperture.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Oh Lordy, faster but got the last one wrong. Stupidly thought it must be a trick question.
Still I was faster than PeteC so not quite at the bottom (sorry Pete)

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Piglet, do you still have Uncle Pete's Guessometer?

I did have it, but I put it back on the shelf after doing Wednesday's quiz. I didn't use it yesterday - I dozed off on the sofa and when I woke up it was late so I went to bed ... [Snore]

Just for once, I didn't need it today. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks for the loan of the guess-o-meter, Pete - I'll bring it down at lunchtime.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I think I need to borrow the guessometer, I don't know UK TV (no television here) let alone US

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why were the correct answers marked on some of these? Seems easy that way.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016