homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Significant Dates (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Significant Dates
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jealous more than delighted but after your recent news you have busy days ahead!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eldest grandson is one year old on Sunday (21 August). This is all wrong as it only feels like about 3 months since he was born.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That long ago! Goodness, me.

I think Nunc Dimittis and I share today so Happy Birthday to her.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday to you both!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems like only yesterday that my age could be divided by 17....now it can be divided by 13. [Yipee]

There was one year when all of my brothers and I had prime numbers for ages. 37,41,43,47.

There was another one much earlier but being a teenager I didn't really notice at the time. (Oops got some math wrong edited out a thing)

Its a weird way of looking at age but hey...better then moaning about getting older.

No, this isn't a puzzle just observations.

Kid is 21

[ 23. August 2016, 11:17: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm another one that plays games with numbers all the time - currently in a prime year, the last one was six years ago and it will be another 4 years before I'm a prime age again.

Today, amongst other things, is Knife Day. Despite the temptation, using them on your most un-favourite politician is not recommended and could have serious consequences.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I'm another one that plays games with numbers all the time - currently in a prime year, the last one was six years ago and it will be another 4 years before I'm a prime age again.

Today, amongst other things, is Knife Day. Despite the temptation, using them on your most un-favourite politician is not recommended and could have serious consequences.

Did you read about the Indian guy who swallowed 40 knives and went to the hospital complaining of a tummy ache? He must have celebrated early! [Eek!]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a picture of them. Amazing in a horrifying sort of way.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Seeing the state of the knives they removed from his stomach the acid looked to have been busy!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thirty-seven years!

No, not since I was born, thirty-seven years since I married Mrs Sioni!

We are very pleased.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Yipee] Congratulations! [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today is the 6th Anniversary of the 7.1 quake that started the sequence of earthquakes in Canterbury, NZ. Although the biggest it was not the most destructive and there was no loss of life.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's my birthday!

I am 65 years old today - no wonder our US friends always remember my birthday. And I have today lived 10 years longer than my father - RIP Dad.

Still, happy birthday to me [Yipee]

Mrs. S, celebrating

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Happy Birthday from us, too.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy birthday [Yipee]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have struggled to decide where to post this, but as it is the 15th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attack, I feel that this remarkable essay on a comic strip website needs wider distribution.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Hedgehog [Tear]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Happy birthday, Mrs. S.! [Smile]

And, as ever on this day, sending up a prayer for the souls of those who died on 11th September 2001 - may they rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

We have had this thread going a year and more because:

Today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, me hearties!

And we'll be a keel-hauling those that won't do it, see.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

I see no ships!
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arrrrrrrrrrrghhh.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's the 6th anniversary of the death of my best friend, 6 weeks after my mother died, the same year. Going back 2 further years, my father-in-law, a week earlier in September. I don't sleep well in September.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Yesterday I was a tad busy and so I missed posting about two notables in that yesterday was both:

World Gratitude Day when, even more than usual, we should have been grateful for the many blessing in our lives; and

International Day of Peace when we pray for peace in the world and peace within ourselves.

I'm sorry I mised them and hope we can celebrate them both but just a little bit late - apart from people on the other side of the globe where yesterday is still today - you lot can do it on time.

Wishing peace and gratitude to all.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Today is a day which, in my former wage-slave persona, I took quite seriously - it is Ask a Stupid Question Day. I am a firm believer in there being no such thing as a stupid question - the person who asks the question may be a fool for a moment but the person who doesn't ask the question is pretty much guaranteed to be a fool for a lifetime!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Today is a day which, in my former wage-slave persona, I took quite seriously - it is Ask a Stupid Question Day. I am a firm believer in there being no such thing as a stupid question - the person who asks the question may be a fool for a moment but the person who doesn't ask the question is pretty much guaranteed to be a fool for a lifetime!

The downside of asking a stupid question is that it guarantees a stupid or at best evasive answer, plus a black mark on your record if you have put the Boss on the Spot.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I am a firm believer in there being no such thing as a stupid question

What time does the 24 hour garage close?
What relation were you to your deceased husband?
Shall we invite David Icke to give the keynote speech at the General Synod?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My "students" included Teachers, Police Officers, Hospital Consultants, Care Staff, Nurses, Social Workers, etc. - you have no idea of the inanity of some of the questions!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

By contrast today is Older People's Day and, as I probably qualify, I just thought I'd mention it.

[ 01. October 2016, 04:06: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As I'm so very much younger than you, WW, I'll raise a glass in your general direction.

[Snigger]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It's the compassion of you younger folks, still wet behind the ears, as keeps us going.

[Two face]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd best remember that tomorrow me and 'er to whom I'm wedded 'ave bin wed 18 years tomorrow ... and we're actually in the same town (and house) for once ... [Axe murder]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations, Zappa.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Have you ordered the flowers and champagne?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Zappa and Mrs. Z. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Today is World Day of Bullying Prevention, which is, I think, worthy of attention from all of us.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Congrats Mr and Mrs Z [Yipee]
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Today is World Day of Bullying Prevention, which is, I think, worthy of attention from all of us.

Yea and amen.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

According to Facebook, today is World Smiles Day, so here are a few smiles:

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And to you too! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ticked over another year today. When I was a child I didn't imagine I'd be spending my adult birthdays alone on a sofa, eating a bag of crisps, drinking port and watching a Harry Potter film.

Things don't always go to plan, but it's not all dispiriting.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Happy birthday Sipech from downunder.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Belated Happy Birthday Sipech - and I agree that the way things turn out is seldom as imagined.

Also Belated Wedding Anniversary to my late parents who were married 8th October 1941 so 75 years ago.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Many happy returns, Sipech! [Smile]

Also, to the Canadians on the Ship, happy Thanksgiving Day. [Smile]

--------------------

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but our daughter, born in May, was baptised yesterday.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Absolutely the right place, may she blessed.

WW - AS Host

--------------------

Hilda of Whitby
Shipmate
# 7341

- Posted      Profile for Hilda of Whitby   Email Hilda of Whitby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today is my late brother John's birthday. He'd be 67 if he were still alive (of course he is still alive in my heart). He died in a car wreck in 1977. He was a wonderful person and he was undoubtedly the most influential person in my life. I credit many of the positive qualities I have to his influence.

Happy birthday, dear John. [Votive]

--------------------
"Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad."

Posts: 412 | From: Nickel City | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In memory of my great-niece, Danielle, whose 29th birthday would be today. She attempted suicide before Christmas 2013 and after being in a coma for several days, died on 1 January 2014

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016