homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 65)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name. [Votive]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please, everyone, please pray for the twin of the other little cat that died on September 2. "Tigger" is really ill and we haven't the money to take him to the vet. Well, pray that Tigger holds on OR that we get the $25 necessary to hold a spot for him at the low-income veterinarians that we take our kitties to. The vet said they would help us with paying for his treatment if we can just scrape together the $25. I put out an appeal on Facebook.

Please, God, take care of this poor cat until we can help him. [Votive]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through.

My colleague T's brother killed himself last night. Please pray for the family as they attempt to come to terms with this.

Please pray also for us on staff here as we shoulder her workload for a while while she grieves. There are a number of staff out sick/grieving at present and those of us remaining are starting to buckle under the pressure.

Kx

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Tigger that money may be found for vet.
For T and family comfort
For Kasra and all of stuff support.

Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For what Graven Image said.

For healing for S., even if a miracle is needed to achieve that.

For healing and success for G.

For maintaining of good habits for me.

For my paper to be published.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the family of my dear friend, Kathy, who went home to the Lord today after a valiant fight with cancer. It's going to be a long few days and I couldn't get a flight to hug a lot of people that I love. [Tear]

Also, keep in mind, that Colorado and New Mexico is still decimated with the rain. There are roads that will take years to be rebuilt, houses and cars that were lost down rivers of water. They are calling it unprecedented and it is.

(I found a mushroom in my yard today, which is ridiculous in a desert!) And my roof leaks and I need a whole new roof now.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise God that Fiona came through her brain surgery. Unfortunately the tumor was even more extensive than anticipated. As a result she has lost quite a lot of vision which may not return. She is still awaiting the next stage of treatment which will probably be chemotherapy. Please continue praying for this very brave lady.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
Please, everyone, please pray for the twin of the other little cat that died on September 2. "Tigger" is really ill and we haven't the money to take him to the vet. Well, pray that Tigger holds on OR that we get the $25 necessary to hold a spot for him at the low-income veterinarians that we take our kitties to. The vet said they would help us with paying for his treatment if we can just scrape together the $25. I put out an appeal on Facebook.

Please, God, take care of this poor cat until we can help him. [Votive]

5thMary, I live in Atlanta. Please check your private messages ASAP. It is 10:15 Wednesday night now.

[ 19. September 2013, 02:18: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Fiona, 5th Mary and Tigger, Motherboarde's friends and Kasra's colleague's family.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Fiona, 5th Mary and Tigger, Motherboarde's friends and Kasra's colleague's family.

[Votive] Amen!

--------------------
God = love.

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through the thread, for each, by name.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some of you might know that there was a passenger train/bus crash in Ottawa. The link is here.

Today, I learnt that I probably knew the bus driver when he was a boy, as he grew up around two of my nephews and I was often over there.

Karen Krzyzewski was a work colleague of mine.

Please pray for the repose of the souls of all those who died. And pray that the injured are succored.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Remembering those killed in the crash and those who mourn them.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and all who mourn Kathy.

For all affected by the rain in Colorado and New Mexico.

For replacement of Ye Olde Motherboarde's roof.

For bib's Fiona, for healing.

For 5thMary's Tigger.

For Kasra's colleague's family.

For PeteC and all affected by the train/bus crash in Ottawa. For the bus driver, for Karen Krzyzewski, and for the repose of the souls of all who died, and for the injured to be succoured.

For S., for healing, even if a miracle is needed to achieve that.

For G., for healing and success.

For my paper(s) to be published.

For good habit forming and a super productive day tomorrow.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{{Pete}}

[Votive] for all killed, injured or mourning after the Ottawa crash.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A very selfish request - we are organising a concert in our church hall tomorrow night - please pray that we will have a good audience and at least break even.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

And thanks be to God that my 19 yo nephew and his girlfriend survived a very nasty car crash last weekend, with just a few bruises.

Many thanks to their very hard working guardian angels.

[Votive] [Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Anglo Catholic Relict's son and his GF, in thanks that it wasn't worse.

For all those killed or injured in the Ottawa crash, and all those connected to them.

For St Gwladys' concert to at least break even.

For my heart's desire.

For good habit forming.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for ACR's nephew and his GF, and for St. G's concert.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My stepfather has come through surgery and is having some complications, nothing (please God) major. They THINK they've got all the cancer. Please God.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...and me again, please, as I fell yesterday and broke my wrist so will be plastered for several weeks and may possibly face an operation.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

May there be a wristwatch by God, and medical personnel, for WW, and a healthwatch and protection for all, those posting and those who don't.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers continue Lamb Chopped for you and your family.

And also for WW - may that not get too much in the way of your hosting and posting.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This afternoon, we meet in London at "Dr Graham's Homes in Kalimpong" in the north of India, where many children have been looked after and in school. Many elderly people will be there and there will be food after lunch there. They also wish to collect money to still look after children who are not looked after by their parent, and others who have parents who love them but can't afford to get them food and school.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

I was about to put this to let people know more about it.

www.drgrahamshomes.co.uk

[link corrected - WW]

[ 21. September 2013, 10:33: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For people suffering with depression
For those with money worries
For people struggling with their spiritual life

[Votive]

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

For Lamb Chopped's stepfather, that all the cancer has been removed, and the complications resolve quickly

For Welease Woderwick -- quick healing and as little pain as possible

For daisymay's meeting to be a success and much support be given to the children and the elderly they are helping

For those killed and injured in the Ottawa train/bus crash, and for those who mourn loved ones and friends, including PeteC

continuing prayers for Fiona

for Kathy -- rest in peace -- and for her family and friends -- including Ye Olde Motherboarde

for Tigger to be healed, and for the 5thMary in her valiant efforts to provide care

Sad news: the beautiful little boy kitten residing on my porch was killed, being hit by a car. I feel somewhat guilty that he could not have been inside but my apartment was too small for both home and Pulsar. He is now buried under the trees in my back yard. Although I am so sad, since I believe he is now in a better place, I give thanks that the accident was mercifully quick, and that I was able to give him a loving environment during his brief earthly sojourn, and that he brought joy to my life.

I give thanks that my latest scans were good. No growth of metastases in my lung at all even though I have not had any kind of treatment going on 3 months. I was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago -- a handful of years ago that would have meant that statistically speaking I should have been dead by now. God, you are so good!

--------------------
God = love.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

We had a good time today, and money is always sent to look after many children, now when bigger, in school clothes, and some parents also pay for their children to be taught very well. Some really baby little ones are brought to Kalimpong, often by their mother who can't work while she has them, to be looked after and fed, and then as they grow up are taught.
There were many people who originally lived there and were fed and in school. they still feel happy about that and help the others now. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying
[Votive]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Dr Graham's homes in Kalimpong.

For Tigger, for healing.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and all who mourn Kathy.

For all affected by the bus crash in Ottawa.

For Lamb Chopped's stepfather, for COMPLETE healing.

For malik3000, melanoma be gone!

For the repose of the soul of the cat who lived outside malik's place, for not one sparrow dies without Your knowing.

For St Everild's concert.

For Welease Woderwick, for healing.

For S., for healing, even if a miracle is needed to achieve that.

For R.

For me to get done all I need to get done next week.

For good habit forming.

For the Telemum.

[ 21. September 2013, 23:03: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all those wounded and mourning in Nairobi
[Votive] For those still held hostage and their loved ones

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Concert update: fun [Smile] but only about 30 people turned up [Frown]
Could you please pray for my stepmother, Betty? Her Lymphoma has returned in an aggressive way, she also has a mass in her abdomen. She has had a chest infection and has had a lot of fluid drained - she still has a drainage tube in - she is unable to have anything by mouth as she is at risk of aspirating. Her son has been told that it is "a matter of time" as all the hospital can do is make sure she is comfortable. It was quite distressing to see her today. Please pray that the "time" be short, but she would know God is with her.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For all those wounded and mourning in Nairobi. For those still held hostage and their loved ones.

For St, Gwladys' Betty, for a safe journey home to You.

For S., for healing.

For good habit forming and bannination of the Finance Monster.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for St. G's step-mother, Telemum, all affected in Nairobi, and for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Nairobi siege appears to be reaching a crescendo. Really hoping that the remaining hostages will soon all be free and alive. [Votive]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016