homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005 (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  26  27  28 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005
Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Papa Smurf,

I'd venture to guess that QM labeled the round "English Football" to designate it from American Football for all of us Yanks who think football is played with a brown, pointy ball.

-Digory

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership: West Ham
Championship: Hull City
League 1: Hartlepool United
League 2: Northampton
Scottish: Hibernian

Hen x

--------------------
Never stand behind satan in a Post Office queue: the devil takes many forms.

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by professorkirke:
Papa Smurf,

I'd venture to guess that QM labeled the round "English Football" to designate it from American Football for all of us Yanks who think football is played with a brown, pointy ball.

-Digory

Digory, you got it spot on.

I just forgot that the Scottish are very sensitive. I think it is due to the cold climate.

TOM DAY - Can you rename it BRITISH FOOTBALL please. Ta Much.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Done - (can I get reinstated for that helpful act of kindness QM?)

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Day:
Done - (can I get reinstated for that helpful act of kindness QM?)

"Er ................... Um ............... NO!"

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
O great and wise Quizmaster, remember when once-upon-a-time we were allowed to team up for the knockout quiz? I was wondering...could I have my Sister Dolphy as my partner-in-quizziness, since with her family concerns she can't put the time into a proper quiz commitment?

[Overused] Anxiously awaiting your reply. [Angel]

The "Partners in Crime" scheme was originally used to cover for holidays. I am happy for you to work with Dolphy but once you are a team if Dolphy posts and makes a mistake you accept the consequences. That means I accept the first answer from the team as a Jedijudy entry.

N.B. To the others - SMART ALECS are usually able to find an Internet Cafe whilst away.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

quote:
Originally posted by Hennah:
Premiership: West Ham
Championship: Hull City
League 1: Hartlepool United
League 2: Northampton
Scottish: Hibernian

Hen x

I like it Hennah.

There are some ORIGINALITY points heading your way for sure.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:

I just forgot that the Scottish are very sensitive. I think it is due to the cold climate.

I know [Disappointed] You'd think the harsher weather would make our skin thicker, but no [Biased]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership: Middlesbrough (cos my friend comes from there)
Championship: Leeds United (cos Socks supports them)
League 1: Swansea City (cos Mum lives there)
League 2: Cheltenham Town (cos I sort of live there)
Scottish: Rangers (cos I think Alan and Flausa live there (ok, I was struggling to find one for this!!))

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership: Charlton
Championship: Southampton
League 1: Brentford
League 2: Grimsby
Scottish Premier: Kilmarnock

Think thats a fairly left-field combination. That'll keep the other real football fans trying to work out why I chose those teams.

[Helpful Hint for all] As deadline for entries is midnight on friday, would guess that QM in his wonderful munificent wisdom won't count games played on friday evening as part of the round. So to those of you who chose Luton (Auntie Doris) please note that their match this weekend kicks off at 19:45 GMT on friday and so you might want to think again about picking them. I say this cos I'd just been about to chose them as my championship nomination. Dangnabbit.[/Helpful Hint for all]

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm guessing that's why the Rogue asked:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:

Does Friday count as part of the weekend?

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
I am soooo going to be out in this round!!!

Barclays Premiership - Arsenal
Coca Cola Championship - Luton Town
Coca Cola League 1 - Milton Keynes Dons
Coca Cola League 2 - Torquay United
Bank of Scotland Premier League - Rangers

Bring on relegation!!!

Auntie Doris x

Ok then... bearing in mine the last helpful hint... please can I amend my

Cocal Cola Championship entry to Queens Park Rangers

Is this possible?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barclays Premiership - Charlton Athletic
Coca Cola Championship - Watford
Coca Cola League 1 - Bournemouth
Coca Cola League 2 - Grimsby Town
Bank of Scotland Premier League - Falkirk

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I was about to applaud various people for having chosen my home team, Kilmarnock, and I hope they are rewarded for their faith. [Cool]

Then Hazey Jane went and picked their opponents for this week.
[Snigger]

[ 22. September 2005, 11:26: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May the best team win [Razz]
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership - Chelsea
Championship - Sheffield United
League 1 - Barnsley
League 2 - Rochdale
Scot Prem - Celtic

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
R.D. Olivaw
Shipmate
# 9990

- Posted      Profile for R.D. Olivaw   Email R.D. Olivaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A million thanks to whoever provided the BBC link... [Smile]
I am woefully (hangs head) ignorant in these matters....

Chelsea
Leeds United
Huddersfield
Wycombe
Hearts

--------------------
We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness -Thich Nhat Hanh

Posts: 496 | From: I'm a leaf on the wind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blackburn Rovers
Burnley
Blackpool
Bury
Aberdeen

I'm afraid Aberdeen doesn't fit my two of my three themes, but they are due to play Livingston who have conceded 18 already this season.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning.

Reading Writing and Arithmetic

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock

In a place you'll have 'eard of, called Bury,
You know, where black puddings is made.

The king sits in Dunfermline Town,
Drinking the blude-red wine;

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by R.D. Olivaw:
A million thanks to whoever provided the BBC link... [Smile]

No worries at all. I try to be helpful... [Smile]

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm... just lists of words to me, though some of them do sound like they could be town names I guess. A couple of them sound like towns nearby, so I'll choose those and some others that sound interesting. But what they actually DO, or what it has to do with banks or soft drinks, isn't clear. And if I choose names near the bottom of the lists, there appears to be much less chance that I will duplicate teams with one of the other entrants...

Charlton
Hull
Yeovil
Lincoln City
Falkirk

I will presume that the midnight deadline is Quizmaster's local time, otherwise the Fijians would have to choose before the Friday games are finished, while the Hawaiians could read the Saturday morning news before having to post.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
I will presume that the midnight deadline is Quizmaster's local time, otherwise the Fijians would have to choose before the Friday games are finished, while the Hawaiians could read the Saturday morning news before having to post.

Any times specified are SHIP'S TIMES.

I am pretty sure the ship runs on G&T..... I mean GMT. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
Any times specified are SHIP'S TIMES.

I am pretty sure the ship runs on G&T..... I mean GMT. [Big Grin]

This is an hour off of civil time, then, at least at the moment.

For those unsure on the proper conversions, go to your profile and set your "Time Adjustment" to zero hours. This will display all of the posting times in the official Ship's Server time rather than your own local time.

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

quote:
Charlton

[Yipee] An excellent choice. Doing nearly as well as Chealsea and at only a fraction of the cost.

No doubt they'll lose their last dozen matches of thes season, though, as ever. [Roll Eyes]

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How kind, PDYS, to acknowledge your sources. [Overused]

Royalties payable to my offshore bank account, please. [Cool]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hazey Jane:
quote:
Charlton

[Yipee] An excellent choice. Doing nearly as well as Chealsea and at only a fraction of the cost.

No doubt they'll lose their last dozen matches of thes season, though, as ever. [Roll Eyes]

Have we got another Charlton fan on board?

Yay!!!

Tom - a lost Charlton fan in the North East...

--------------------
My allotment blog

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

I have to confess that I've never actually set foot in the Valley and that most of my interest in the Addicks developed as a means of conversing with my male housemates about their teams. It's amazing how much knowledge you can appear to possess by a few well chosen remarks [Biased] But yes, if I root for anyone, it's Charlton. Reckon they'll make it into Europe this year?
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
How kind, PDYS, to acknowledge your sources. [Overused]

Royalties payable to my offshore bank account, please. [Cool]

I've emailed you a picture of fifty quid too.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh lordy [Roll Eyes] , I have no chance this time.

Thanks Smudgie, without your link I would not even know the names of the teams playing.

QM give her points pls. [Big Grin]

Premiership : Manchester United (MU gent is an anagram of my name you know [Big Grin] ).

Coca Cola Premiership: Sheffield United

Coca Cola League One: Swansea

Coca Cola League Two: Northampton Town

Scottish Premier: Celtic.

May the best teams win.

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

QM Chooses his choices by opting for:

Barclays Premiership - Everton
Coca Cola Championship - Norwich City
Coca Cola League 1 - Chesterfield
Coca Cola League 2 - Bristol Rovers
Bank of Scotland Premier League - Aberdeeen

Now whoever loses should not feel bad as it is all entirely down to luck ......... although ...

There are a few left still to post.

--------------------

Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

quote:
But yes, if I root for anyone, it's Charlton. Reckon they'll make it into Europe this year?

Yes, but I think if we are going to continue this conversation we need to do it in the correct thread, else a host will tell us off [Biased]

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the advice of BC, football manager (virtual) extraordinaire, I choose:

Premiership : Middlesborough
Championship : Sheffield United
League 1:Scunthorpe
League 2:Grimsby Town
SPL:Celtic

As BC is a Spurs fan, his choice of Grimsby shows a fine and generous spirit! Apparently, if they can get past Paul Robinson, they are on good scoring form.

Here end the nominations from the Moth household!

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership - Chelsea
Championship - Leeds United
Coca Cola League One - Nottingham Forest
Coca Cola League 2 - Torquay United
Scottish Premier – Celtic

Not creative but I don't know British football very well and I am not sure how much time I have to be online right now.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

For those of you who are desperate to know how your teams get on, info can be found here. For those unacquainted with UK football, most of the Saturday matches will be complete by around 5pm UK time.

[ 24. September 2005, 10:20: Message edited by: Hazey Jane ]

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn, missed the cut-off. Can't do football anyway [Frown]

Resigns [Waterworks]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Knocked out for failing to select five teams:
Doublethink

That saves all the complicated addition! [Ultra confused]

Qualifiers for ROUND 6:
Ann
Auntie Doris
Carex
Chorister
Christianjimmy
Custard
Gort
Hazey Jane
Hennah
Jedijudy
Jonah the Whale
Marvin the Martian
Moth
MrSponge2U
Nutmeg
Pants
Papa Smurf
Paul W
Professorkirke
Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow
Quizmaster
R.D.Olivaw
Rugasaw
Smudgie
The Rogue

So - Can I think up something special again or shall we be normal in round 6?

Hmmmmmmm ... [Confused]

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Normal please.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I've just tried to get into the Mad Tour Forum site, which I know is frequented by a lot of people doing the quiz

the site flached up briefly, then it all went black, and the page title turned into:
Hacked by Tayyar, for Turkiye ! so it might be best to stay away for a while until it gets fixed. I've tried to PM Amorya but is PM box is full.

--------------------

Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got that too - flashed several odd pages with the same message so shut everything down sharpish! Hope computer is ok... [Frown]

--------------------
Never stand behind satan in a Post Office queue: the devil takes many forms.

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

quote:
Originally posted by Hennah:
I got that too - flashed several odd pages with the same message so shut everything down sharpish! Hope computer is ok... [Frown]

Amorya has now taken the tour site down to fix it.

I'm sure that when it is back online someone will post saying it is back.

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Bizarre. I got the 'hacked' title and thought it was rather strange. But the site ran ok. Maybe I ought to run a virus check on my 'puter!

--------------------

Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poo, got knocked out of the last round without realising. So much for my new commitment to posting on a more frequent basis. [Disappointed]

I blame the pregnancy. [Biased]

(notice even the delayed reaction to the reality of what has happened!)

--------------------
Older now, but not necessarily wiser.

Posts: 3248 | From: stockton-on-tees | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Subjective Judgements Continued:

MOOD: Various
PAGE: Seven

With manifold interruptions and three computer crashes due to a faulty tumble drier (twice) and a dodgy steam iron connection (once) I am grateful to have marked this page (although the marks have changed each time there was a crash, so you know they are subjective - some people win, some lose, that's life.)

P O S H Competitor Explanation

7 1 -1 0 Professorkirke An original point for desperation. Clever Dick mark down.
7 0 0 1 Papa Smurf For supporting Marvin in his brinkmanship
7 0 1 0 Marvin the Martian For impressing Papa Smurf
7 1 1 0 Dolphy For a good little chuckle
7 1 1 0 S'More For getting all the links right and a nice spitting volcano
7 0 -1 0 Christianjimmy For not checking first
7 1 -1 0 Pants Blaming others for your own incompetence
7 1 1 1 Pants Good choice with excellent links for us to peruse
7 0 2 0 Rugasaw Responding well to a Digory in the ribs
7 1 0 1 Carex Offering an option to fellow competitors
7 0 1 0 Carex For impressing Papio
7 1 1 0 Quizmaster Smart but on the verge of Clever Dick
7 0 1 0 Hennah Knowing a good waffle when she sees one
7 1 1 1 The Rogue Like the cake, the links and the post
7 0 -1 0 The Rogue Admitting a mistake
7 0 1 0 Professorkirke Creativity will get you lots of places
7 1 1 0 Gort Entering a volcano 6 years too soon
7 1 1 1 Custard I don't know what he said but I like it
7 2 2 2 Custard Nice Sermon
7 0 1 1 Marvin the Martian For placing himself on the cliff edge
7 0 1 1 Custard Foor knowing the truth
7 0 -1 0 Marvin the Martian For missing something
7 0 1 1 Moth For putting Da_Musicman straight
7 1 1 1 Carex For a lesson on vulcanism
7 0 1 1 Annie P For encouraging participation
7 0 1 1 Carex Corrections are good
7 1 1 0 Chorister For the name chosen
7 1 -1 -1 Professorkirke Needs taking down a peg or seven
7 1 1 0 Rugasaw It would be like taking candy from a Digory
7 0 0 1 R.D.Olivaw Helpful point
7 2 1 0 MrSponge2U For a recent photo of an eruption
7 0 1 1 Marvin the Martian Keeping the excitement at a reasonable level
7 1 1 0 Pants Flattery is so …….. Why thankyou!
7 1 1 0 Marvin the Martian Witticism is always appreciated
7 1 1 0 Hazey Jane You know how to treat a man
7 0 1 1 Carex Continuing the lesson on vulcanism
7 0 -1 -1 R.D.Olivaw Failing to post a link to the photographs
7 1 1 -1 Professorkirke I like people who paint targets on themselves

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Just out of interest, do we get a running total of points at any time?

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Just out of interest:

HELPFUL LIBRARIAN LEADERS
7 Carex
7 Custard
4 Marvin the Martian
4 Papa Smurf
4 Smudgie
3 Sharkshooter
3 S'more

ORIGINAL EINSTEIN LEADERS

9 S'more
8 Chorister
7 Jedijudy
7 Smudgie
6 Dolphy
6 Professorkirke
4 Pants
3 Custard
3 The Rogue

The Blue Riband event and most important title -
THE SMART ALEC TABLE

5 Carex
5 Marvin the Martian
4 Custard
4 Doublethink
4 The Rogue
3 Chorister
3 Rugasaw
2 Gladly Bear
2 Gort
2 Hazey Jane
2 Moth
2 Papa Smurf
2 Smudgie

And now back to marking. How do teachers do it? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Day:
quote:
But yes, if I root for anyone, it's Charlton. Reckon they'll make it into Europe this year?

Yes, but I think if we are going to continue this conversation we need to do it in the correct thread, else a host will tell us off [Biased]

Tom

Tis true, but I was actually trying to work on the edification aspect of the quiz, by giving our non-soccer fan shipmates a quick example of footie-related banter, including reference to the fact that many teams have nicknames, play at specifically named stadia, and may have the opportunity to play international as well as domestic games.

Honest [Two face]

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND SIX : AMERICAN STATES

This time you have to pick one of the many states of the United States of America.

EASY! [Biased]

The person to be eliminated will be the one whose chosen state has the capital city with the population closest to the average (mean) of the populations of all the capital cities of the states chosen.

I hope that is as clear as Lucozade.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alaska [Big Grin]

Don't think you asked for any more information this time did you? Here you go anyway ... boring info

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

Hawaii Hawaii.

Just to be helpful - capital is Honolulu which has a population of approx 390,000

[ 25. September 2005, 22:49: Message edited by: Hazey Jane ]

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

Sorry for the double stating of the name of the state - computer being weird and editing it went a bit wrong. Either that or I'm seeing double...

[ 25. September 2005, 22:51: Message edited by: Hazey Jane ]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  26  27  28 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016