homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread
Filius Luciferi
Shipmate
# 12571

- Posted      Profile for Filius Luciferi   Email Filius Luciferi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet:'( a ball gag? but they don't have little mouths to gag...? what is the point?)'

Haven't you watched Pulp Fiction?

Maybe somebody goan get mediaeval on yo ass! [Devil]

[ 07. May 2007, 08:40: Message edited by: Filius Luciferi ]

--------------------
Ah ! well a-day ! what evil looks had I from old and young !
Instead of the cross, the Albatross about my neck was hung...
And I don't give a shit! :)

Posts: 152 | From: Hades, Home of the 7/7 Bombers! | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
no.

life is too short to waste it on stupid looking movies.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Filius Luciferi, learn to quote.

Comet, a ball gag is a charming piece of S&M paraphenalia, as I'm sure Google has told you by now.

But (to drag the thread kicking and screaming back on topic) I don't think Fred is a closet case, and I'm not sure that claming it would help at all. It might well have the unwanted effect of making people associate homosexuality in positive, instead of negative, correlation with horrifying beliefs and behaviour like his.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Crab
Apprentice
# 12250

- Posted      Profile for The Crab   Email The Crab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Careful about saying Fred is closet gay - he might sue! according to several online sources his intent is to provoke people into doing something he can claim damages for. this is the only one I could find offhand
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/08/the_intent_of_f.html
It is speculation, but given the character of the man, seems to me it well might be the real reason and the source of his fundign.

Posts: 10 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Phelps couldn't sue his way out of a wet paper docket.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wonder what makes people so hateful like that. I know some pretty hateful people and they are usually either incredibly ignorant, angry, or miserable in and of themselves and thus have a need to make sure no one else around them is happy. Either way, I feel disgust and pity for people like that.

What I really hate is that some non-Christians think he speaks for us.

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6027 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Filius Luciferi
Shipmate
# 12571

- Posted      Profile for Filius Luciferi   Email Filius Luciferi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teufelchen:
Filius Luciferi, learn to quote.

No! [Devil]

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Hades, Home of the 7/7 Bombers! | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No sense taxing your learning skills, eh?

--------------------

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please note, Gort, that he did, in fact, quote properly. [Devil]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(slumps over keyboard in fit of hysterical laughter.)

[Overused] Campbellite

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
Please note, Gort, that he did, in fact, quote properly. [Devil]

Yes, obviously. And it was no doubt a difficult accomplishment.

--------------------

teddybear
Shipmate
# 7842

- Posted      Profile for teddybear   Author's homepage   Email teddybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Phelps are in the local news again. It seems they are being sued for copyright infringement. And here.

--------------------
My cooking blog: http://inthekitchenwithdon.blogspot.com/

Posts: 480 | From: Topeka, Kansas USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fred and his gang are picketing the funeral of Jerry Falwell.
[Ultra confused]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
from the above website:
quote:
It is plain to the servants of God, that America is taking a blood bath in Iraq because America is busily persecuting WBC for preaching the Word of God to this evil nation of perverts.
Fred, Fred, Fred!

it's not all about you, hun! God is not going to slaughter thousands because his old pal Phelps is feeling unloved and ignored!

He's just not that into you, babe.

and another fav:
quote:
And, as Christ warned doomed Jerusalem, even so WBC -- warns doomed America: "O America, America, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee (translate: thou that persecutest WBC), how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Matt. 23:37-38.
Now, I'm no biblical scholar, but where in Matthew does he say, "America, America," ?

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
He's just not that into you, babe.

[Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by teddybear:
The Phelps are in the local news again. It seems they are being sued for copyright infringement. And here.

well, they are a family of lawyers!

[Ultra confused] [Paranoid]

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sorry, but picketing funerals shows an incredible amount of tackiness in my book. Sure, maybe Fred didn't like Falwell much, I didn't agree with him on a lot of things either. But he could at least have some respect for the family and friends who mourn him. But apparently that is too much to ask.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gee. Ol' Fred's got me almost liking Jerry Fallwell. [Paranoid]

Praise Jaysusss! It's a muhr-uh-kle! [Yipee]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Y'know, sometimes in my wierder moments, I wonder if Phelps is the Andy Kaufman of religion. Know what I mean? That he sets up situations in which his ideas seem so repulsive and over-the-top ugly that you can't help but rush away from them screaming. Maybe somewhere in there is a glimmer of humanity crying out, "Learn! Learn from me! And don't be like me! See the horror that I am, and choose wisely!"

And then I think, "Nahhhh."

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(As Kelly continues on with a Christopher Walkenesque bout of philosophical fixation...)

Or, maybe the Moral Majority paid him of to make Jer look good by comparison.

Or, maybe the Rainbow Coalition paid him off to underline the few gay-friendly comments Jer made.

Or...

--------------------

Filius Luciferi
Shipmate
# 12571

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
No sense taxing your learning skills, eh?

Why not? NuLab tax every other bloody thing they can think of.
[Mad]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Nobody appreciates my conspiracy theories. Phooey.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

I'm with you, Kelly.

I've already decided that he's being secretly funded by Falwell/Roberts/et al to make them look moderate by comparison.

it's the only logical explanation, isn't it?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

There's just too many coincedences.

And have you ever seen him and Pat Robertson in the same room?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

oooOOOOoooooo [Eek!]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:

Then this video should really do it.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:

"irrefraggable"?

is that Phred? I've never seen him before. or heard him. what a loser.

--------------------

moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The maniacal stare reminds me of Ross Perot.

I wonder if you have to work at not blinking or if it comes natural.

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It does help when you're actually a robot, and so your eyes are only there to help you blend in to a crowd.

Loser. Who the hell does he think he is, judging who has ended up in heaven and who hasn't?

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Filius Luciferi
Shipmate
# 12571

quote:
Originally posted by 206:
[QUOTE]

I wonder if you have to work at not blinking or if it comes natural.

Nah ... 4 office staples does the trick for me!

--------------------

Stoker
Shipmate
# 11939

- Posted      Profile for Stoker   Email Stoker       Edit/delete post 
From the sound of this rather bitter and sad sounding rant, the only people who are going to make it into heaven are the Phelps clan!

That's my idea of hell! Imagine arriving there and finding the Phelps gang have got the monopoly on the place!

Not very 'hellish' words, but thank God that mercy and grace triumph over judgement.

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A Phelps daughter got arrested in a protest in Nebraska for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor". Some inconsistencies in the story, though.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

continuing on that theme, from the "truth is stranger than fiction" department:

Head: Westboro Baptist Church Found in Bed with ACLU!
sub: Hellhosts buy hats, scarves

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!]

Iccccceeee skates! Get yer ice skates heeeere!

This might be the time to buy stock in pharmaceutical companies, given all the pain relievers and psych meds the ACLU will need to cope with the Phelps clan. And vice-versa, for that matter.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
[Eek!]

Iccccceeee skates! Get yer ice skates heeeere!

This might be the time to buy stock in pharmaceutical companies, given all the pain relievers and psych meds the ACLU will need to cope with the Phelps clan. And vice-versa, for that matter.

Would that be the ice skate to go with the one in your bag, along with your lunch box and reading matter?

ps, I love the quote from Shirley Phelps-Roper in the Omaha paper about the "Nebraska law being out of date" [Confused]

[ 13. July 2007, 07:31: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sioni, I'm sure that's meant to be funny, but I'm missing it.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
...psych meds the ACLU will need to cope with the Phelps clan.

They cut their teeth on the American N*z* Party and others - see Wikipedia

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Henry Troup:
the American N*z* Party [/URL]

bunch of self-deluded losers who were even more out of tune with the US people than the American Communists. Or for that matter the Phelpists.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And the Nebraska ACLU has a link to Lincoln's Gay Pride parade page. Maybe Fred will take time away from protesting at dead Marines' funerals to attend on behalf of those who are giving him free legal support.

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known
Shipmate
# 11399

- Posted      Profile for Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Email Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
this just in?

Goodness! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 1833 | From: Manila, Philippines | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
hamletta
Shipmate
# 11678

- Posted      Profile for hamletta         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known:
this just in?

Goodness! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Oh, my! The Phelpses aren't so good with the ol' Photoshop, are they? I imagine they'll be hearing from Notre Dame and General Mills soon.
Posts: 108 | From: Nashvegas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 11399

- Posted      Profile for Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Email Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, yes, the trademark infringement/parody thing at the courts.

Sick, isn't it.

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me]

Where's the provisional IRA when you need 'em?

No, I can HARDLY wait for the Fred Phelps to show up at a St. Patrick's Day parade somewhere ranting about "Fag Paddy" and "Fag Ireland." That may very well be the last we will hear of the Phelps clan.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 11399

quote:
Originally posted by JArthurCrank:
[Killing me]

Where's the provisional IRA when you need 'em?

No, I can HARDLY wait for the Fred Phelps to show up at a St. Patrick's Day parade somewhere ranting about "Fag Paddy" and "Fag Ireland." That may very well be the last we will hear of the Phelps clan.

I prefer a Monty Python-esque demise for their lot: thing the Hand of God extending a finger to obliterate Westboro Baptist and everybody in it.
Drooling Drummer
Shipmate
# 11364

- Posted      Profile for Drooling Drummer   Email Drooling Drummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In regards to the godhatesireland ediarrhoea Phelpsy Sr spewed out...

He seems awfully sure that an invitation to a debate is a plot to arrest him.

I'm pretty sure that if the Irish wanted to stop the Phelps klan (yes it was an intentional k) then they would just use some of their surplus IRA boys and/or girls instead of in international public invitation to a debate on GAY RIGHTS which he publicly despises.

Hmmmm....Phelpsy Sr seems paranoid. But it's not paranoia when they ARE out to get ya!!!

I wonder what the Irish would do...
It brings a smile to my face [Smile]

-[spleeling]-

[ 27. July 2007, 05:41: Message edited by: flighty ]

--------------------
If you can't get a gold medal, go for bronze. It's goldier than silver!!

Known in an alternate reality as flighty.

Posts: 242 | From: $99...plus GST | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

I was not sure if the Godhatesireland.com site was a spoof or was real. It was just so ridiculous. What is Phelps' damage anyway? He comes across as a very sad person who wants to make sure everyone else is miserable too.

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Kelly:
maybe the Rainbow Coalition paid him off to underline the few gay-friendly comments Jer made.

Mm. Do any of this category (gay-friendly comments by Jerry) actually exist? I'm very curious, if you have any further info.
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 11399

quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful_Dreamer:
I was not sure if the Godhatesireland.com site was a spoof or was real. It was just so ridiculous. What is Phelps' damage anyway? He comes across as a very sad person who wants to make sure everyone else is miserable too.

He has way too many issues. I suppose a McSweeney's contributor can have a field day of it....
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How does Phelps harm people? Well, how would you like to have a relative get his or her head blown off in Iraq, then hear him outside the funeral making light of it all?

These guys have been organized largely to keep Fred and Company away from military funerals.

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Catrine
Shipmate
# 9811

- Posted      Profile for Catrine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful_Dreamer:
I was not sure if the Godhatesireland.com site was a spoof or was real. It was just so ridiculous.

How can they cram so much over-reaction into one man?
Posts: 2614 | From: Midlands | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  18  19  20 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016