homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by flighty:
Here is the latest.

Apparently anyone having anything to do at all with Brokeback Mountain is a fag enabler.

I wonder how WBC found out about Brokeback Mountain? Wouldn't reading about it/reading plot lines equate to reading gay propaganda? What about hearing about it? Isn't that the same as listening to gay propaganda?

the best part about these morons is that nobody took them seriously before, and now they have proven themselves just a punch-line to a joke.

who honestly forms an opinion of someone based on a character they portrayed as a critically acclaimed professional actor?

Even the regular lunacy of Phred and Klan has been surpassed by this!!

(dammit can't spel proppperley )

Bastards! Vile, shitty, moronic bastards! [Mad]

BTW, wtf is a 'fag-enabler'? Someone who dishes out condoms at Gay Pride?

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
BTW, wtf is a 'fag-enabler'? Someone who dishes out condoms at Gay Pride?

As best I can judge, a "fag enabler" is anyone who, by whatever means, in Revd. Phelps' opinion, supports homosexuals.

So every Catholic is a fag-enabler, because by supporting the Catholic Church, they are supporting a network of paedophile priests with every penny they put in the collection plate.

Every Swedish person is a fag-enabler merely by virtue of living in Sweden, because of their extensive gay rights laws. Even if they don't specifically agree with the law, by not emigrating, they automatically become a fag enabler. Etc.

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So all Brits are fag-enablers because we have civil partnerships?

Hang on a minute - Phreaky Phred Phelps is a US citizen, right? And the US hasn't banned same-sex relationships, right? So, isn't Phreddy a fag-enabler also, and thus hell-bound spawn of the Devil?

Hey, my day just started to look better... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think you're only a fag-enabler if you don't protest. So perhaps amend that to "all Brits except for Mr Christian Voice".

Sorry Matt.

rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
So all Brits are fag-enablers because we have civil partnerships?

Probably. Also we fund the BBC, which is a fag-enabling corporation, because of Louis Theroux.

quote:
Hang on a minute - Phreaky Phred Phelps is a US citizen, right? And the US hasn't banned same-sex relationships, right? So, isn't Phreddy a fag-enabler also, and thus hell-bound spawn of the Devil?
Alas no, because his God hates fags, and so does he, and thus he is doing the Lord's work. I'm sure I read somewhere on his mad site that only members of WBC are saved.

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

The Warsash Bowling Club? Great - I'm joining!

--------------------

Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVGQONqhGcY

I have a dumb question. If America is as evil as the Phelps gang says, then why would they use the American court system to get off from not paying damages? If the whole system is as rotten as they say it is, then why do they immerse themselves in it?

--------------------
It's Reformation Day! Do your part to promote Christian unity and brotherly love and hug a schismatic.

Posts: 4332 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Parody of Phelps sites

You know, they do have a point. Why only focus on one Levitical law and ignore others? [Smile]

This made me laugh out loud.

[ 26. January 2008, 04:20: Message edited by: Beautiful_Dreamer ]

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They were going to picket the funeral of Mr. Rogers, beloved and compassionate kids' show host and advocate, some years back...but IIRC they didn't show up.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by bc_anglican:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVGQONqhGcY

"Today, nine of [Fred's] thirteen children carry on his work." I wonder what the other four are doing.

The interview with his two grandsons (8 and 10) is particularly worrying, but the fact that they don't seem to understand the message may be cause for some hope.

Drooling Drummer
Shipmate
# 11364

- Posted      Profile for Drooling Drummer   Email Drooling Drummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This video so definitely needs to get circulated more!!!

--------------------
If you can't get a gold medal, go for bronze. It's goldier than silver!!

Known in an alternate reality as flighty.

Posts: 242 | From: $99...plus GST | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, Fred Phelps is the head of a "picketing church", hunh? Well, I got pickets for him and his ass clown family members! I watched "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", I know how to deal with the undead!

If Freddie and Co. aren't the Undead, I don't know who is!

"You want some fries with that STAKE, eh, Freddie?!"

And that's my Christian response. Sorry, Jesus.
[Two face]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I enjoyed this very much.

ah.... simple pleasures... [Devil]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I remember seeing that before. Only time I haven't despised a Phelps family member.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Which one didn't you despise?
[Confused]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The fact that the guy holding the sign (I assume he's a family member-- isn't that the whole church?) was giggling like a grade schooler instead of getting murderously angry made me not hate him so much. Maybe there's hope for that guy.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras
Shipmate
# 11274

- Posted      Profile for Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Email Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yeah, it seemed rather like play acting, didn't it? Fred Phelps himself is a super-sicko, but I wonder if some of his hangers-on are just weak egos desperately in need of something to belong to. I would have expected the "admiree" to get really angry and bent out of shape, but he seemed to be disarmed, and even the vociferous women in the group came across in a decidely superficial way that didn't seem to ring true.
Posts: 7328 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
They were going to picket the funeral of Mr. Rogers, beloved and compassionate kids' show host and advocate, some years back...but IIRC they didn't show up.

Stupid question, but...why? What did he ever do to deserve that sort of attention?

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras
Shipmate
# 11274

- Posted      Profile for Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Email Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He wasn't a good enough example of chest-thumpin' masculine protest and reaction formative homophobia, perhaps?
Posts: 7328 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Re Mr. Rogers:

IIRC, it seemed to be because he was compassionate, accepting, and didn't speak out against LGBT folks.

Of course, you don't have to do anything for Fred & Co. to picket you. They've picketed funerals of soldiers, evidently on the grounds that God is against LGBT folks, the US enables LGBT folks, and the soldiers work for the US gov't.

It's the same kind of "thinking" that had *other* ministers blaming LGBTs, feminists, etc. for 9/11. We're a good, Christian nation, established and protected by God; 9/11 could only happen if God removed that protection; God would only do that if we were really really bad; most people aren't THAT bad; therefore it has to be certain groups of people.

It's at about this point that I start humming John Lennon's "Imagine".

[brick wall] [Roll Eyes] [Votive]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

- Posted      Profile for Jonathan Strange   Email Jonathan Strange   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Of course, you don't have to do anything for Fred & Co. to picket you.

It’s almost a stamp of your good character if they hate you…

--------------------
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bears his teeth, winter meets its death,
When he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again"

Posts: 1327 | From: Wessex | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know this isn't specifically a Phelps-watch item, but the Phelps Crowd doesn't grow as an isolated perennial; there is an entire Garden of Haters providing a comfortable sun-kissed hillside for their crazy shit.

Herewith is another flower set adjacent to the Phelps perennial.

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

- Posted      Profile for Frustrated Farmer   Email Frustrated Farmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just had a report that Fred and Co. picketed a memorial service held for four high school students who were killed in an automobile accident. The residents of this community were in a state of shock over this terrible loss, and then found out that the gang was coming to the area. [Projectile]
Posts: 588 | From: Kansas, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:
I know this isn't specifically a Phelps-watch item, but the Phelps Crowd doesn't grow as an isolated perennial; there is an entire Garden of Haters providing a comfortable sun-kissed hillside for their crazy shit.

Herewith is another flower set adjacent to the Phelps perennial.

Strange and glorious flowers indeed. Wake me when they get to the thrown into the fire bit of that lifecycle.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known
Shipmate
# 11399

- Posted      Profile for Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Email Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frustrated Farmer:
I just had a report that Fred and Co. picketed a memorial service held for four high school students who were killed in an automobile accident. The residents of this community were in a state of shock over this terrible loss, and then found out that the gang was coming to the area. [Projectile]

Are they close to picketing the papal vist, too?
Posts: 1833 | From: Manila, Philippines | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

- Posted      Profile for Frustrated Farmer   Email Frustrated Farmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just checked Phred's website, and not only are they picketing the Pope in Washington and New York, they are picketing the funeral of four Nazarenes that were killed in an automobile accident in California. [Projectile] [Waterworks]

My only hope is that if there is a grand accounting some day for what we have done on earth, the clan will not be able to explain away all their calumny.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

It would be nice if the pope would stroll over to them and have a little chat...even if he just quietly said "you're going the wrong way" or "you don't know what kind of Spirit you are of".

It would need to be clear, though, that he wasn't agreeing with them--otherwise, they'd say he was, and use it as propaganda. (If they could bring themselves to accept the "support" of a Catholic.)

--------------------

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't hold your breath, Golden Key. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

I won't hold my breath. But I thought I'd run the idea up the ship's mast. You never know who might be reading...

and it would be a good spiritual act...

and good PR.

(Whatever might prompt one to do such a thing!) [Biased]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I hate to admit this, GK, but when I thought of "cool things the Pope could do with Phelps" , the unbidden image of his eyes glowing red as they blasted the Phelps clan into a flat patch of cinder flashed before my eyes. But I might have just subliminally picked up on the "X Files" in your sig.

I'm not being snarky, that really did happen. Which means I am a fucked- up person, but there ya go. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:

My only hope is that if there is a grand accounting some day for what we have done on earth, the clan will not be able to explain away all their calumny.

When Phelps and Co. pass into the Afterlife, they will walk into what looks like a huge summer picnic. A huge banner reading "Welcome Home, Phred!" will wave over the picnic table. Seated grinning at the table will be everybody Phelps ever picketed-- and Jesus.

"Corn on the cob, son?"

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Kelly--

[Overused] [Killing me]

And/or God will appear as a beautiful drag queen.

There's a story I've heard that goes something like this:

A man had a dream. He was at a dinner table with a beautifully-prepared meal and many other diners. But there was a problem: The forks (the only utensils) were several feet long. No one could feed themselves, and they were starving. The man realized he was in hell.

Then he found himself at a similar dinner table, with long utensils. But everyone was happy and eating...by feeding each other across the table. [Smile]

(I picked this up from the book "The Bean Trees", but I've heard it elsewhere. I think it's supposed to be a Latin-American tale.)

Re the pope and zapping: do we still have the Dalek pope on the front page of the ship? That might have influenced you. [Biased]

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I just checked Phred's website, and not only are they picketing the Pope in Washington and New York, they are picketing the funeral of four Nazarenes that were killed in an automobile accident in California. [Projectile] [Waterworks]

I think if they are a-okay with you, you should question your Christianity. They only seem to pick on the good people.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
I hate to admit this, GK, but when I thought of "cool things the Pope could do with Phelps" , the unbidden image of his eyes glowing red as they blasted the Phelps clan into a flat patch of cinder flashed before my eyes.

And in a tangential way, this reminds me of a film set in hell (I can't remember it's title) where one of the incidental scenes shows Hitler and his eternal punishment. He has to spend all his time hunched on all-fours while a demon inserts a pineapple in his anus. Perhaps this would be a suitable ending for Phred?

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
the_raptor
Shipmate
# 10533

- Posted      Profile for the_raptor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
quote:
I hate to admit this, GK, but when I thought of "cool things the Pope could do with Phelps" , the unbidden image of his eyes glowing red as they blasted the Phelps clan into a flat patch of cinder flashed before my eyes.

And in a tangential way, this reminds me of a film set in hell (I can't remember it's title) where one of the incidental scenes shows Hitler and his eternal punishment. He has to spend all his time hunched on all-fours while a demon inserts a pineapple in his anus. Perhaps this would be a suitable ending for Phred?
That was Little Nicky.

The only problem with that idea is that I reckon Phelps would enjoy it.

--------------------
Mal: look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir!
Mal: Ain't we just?
— Firefly

Posts: 3921 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GoodCatholicLad
Shipmate
# 9231

- Posted      Profile for GoodCatholicLad     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
quote:

I thought hell for Hitler would be a group of Hasidic rabbis dancing on his face singing Havah Nagila for all of eternity with the above demon doing the pineapple thang, leaf side down.
Posts: 1234 | From: San Francisco California | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

Apparently someone decided to set a fire early this morning to a garage that the family owns.

details at: cjonline.com

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Oh boy.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arson seems to be a popular pastime in and around Lawrence. [Frown]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Direct link here. Picture gallery as well.

Interesting to see some of the Phelpses in nighties. Almost human.

[ETA: Interesting comments to the story on that site too.]

[ 03. August 2008, 01:11: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't believe they were picketing their own garage fire!
[Eek!]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I can't believe they were picketing their own garage fire!
[Eek!]

Some comments are saying the fire was possibly started by a discarded cigarette. Thus, 'God hates fags'.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Some comments are saying the fire was possibly started by a discarded cigarette. Thus, 'God hates fags'.

[Killing me]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Annieoldiron
Apprentice
# 11967

- Posted      Profile for Annieoldiron   Email Annieoldiron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hard to imagine this tribe could stoop any lower! They are planning to picket the funeral of a young man tragically beheaded on a bus in Manitoba
God may hate Canada, but what has the victim of a senseless tragedy got to do with them? I hope they rot long before they get to hell And I'm being polite, I'd like to see Canada offer them some free northwoods land, strip them, paint them with honey, tie them to a tree in bear country, The bears are looking for food to fatten up for hibernation right now!!

Posts: 46 | From: canada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I wouldn't do that to the bears.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Annieoldiron
Apprentice
# 11967

- Posted      Profile for Annieoldiron   Email Annieoldiron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would, after the pineapple treatment!! Bears are scavengers, like to feed on garbage, would prob find the Phelps gourmet!!
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If Canada Customs is on the ball [Killing me] they may be turned away at the border. They probably don't know you need passports if you fly into Canada.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

I thought the Phelpses were garbage?

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could we please get Phelps to picket in Manitoba? Please, pretty please? I SOOOO want to acquaint him and his followers with Sections 176 and 319 of the Criminal Code. That is Obstructing Clergy or Disrupting a Religious Meeting, and Public Incitement of Hatred, respectively. Punishable upon summary conviction (up to two years less a day in jail).

He'll lose any protection of bullshit First Amendment arguments too the second he crosses the border. The Charter of Right and Freedoms has an explicit clause saying that all rights are subject to such limitations as are reasonable in a free and democratic society.

[Snigger] Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to Jail we go...

[Devil]

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Annieoldiron
Apprentice
# 11967

I wonder if Canada Customs are aware of thie impending arrival? A few e-mails might help them to remember the law!! Like the idea on the use of the criminal code to put the scum where they belong. Won't be helping to raise bail for them!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016