homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 49)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying that the earthquakes on New Zealand's North Island amount to nothing, but also that there is no Christchurch-like followup in a few months.

[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My union have been in touch and reckon there's a chance they can get my job back. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that would be great. In the meantime I've got two applications in, but there isn't much going at this time of year.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
For the victims of the Colorado inferno, for all suffering in the eastern US heat wave (particularly those who have lost electricity), for those suffering from flooding, for those in New Zealand that recent tremors will not be a harbinger of worse, for all in Japan still struggling from the quake, tsunami and released nuclear radiation
--- for all, humans and beasts, suffering from disasters both natural and human-caused, Lord have mercy!

[ 03. July 2012, 12:13: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for everyone's intentions - may Christ aid us all.

I am going into hospital this afternoon for my fourth operation since the middle of March..... all prayers for a successful procedure and quick recovery will be greatly appreciated !

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all, the complicated and the simple, the big and the small.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm spending this week flat hunting. The first day has been a bit dispiriting, with a succession of poky, dirty flats and one rip-off deposit (two months rent as a deposit, plus first month's rent, plus 10% agent's fee - I think the correct answer to that is **** off).

Luckily, I don't have to live in any of these horrible flats, and have lots more to see.... please pray that God's hand guides me and that I find a nice place to call home for the next couple of years, not too big and not too small, with a reasonable bam:normal person ratio in the neighbourhood. I would like room for a dining table, room for laundry, and somewhere to sit with my feet up with a book.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
WHERE'S MY JOB OFFER [bites chunk out of desk]

please pray that i will not let anxiety get the better of me, kthx

[brick wall]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a young friend of ours, S, whose stepbrother was killed in Afghanistan on Sunday. He truly believed in what he was doing to help the Afghan people and his stepsister and the rest of his family will miss him most dreadfully.

Mrs. S, running out of words

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all...job offers, and the bereaved, and the worried...

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the midst of so much stuff I have to be thankful for, I'd appreciate prayer for us for a private intention, that all will be well. Thank you.

Reading and fumblingly praying my way through the thread. [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Lamb Chopped's church to survive the zombie apocalypse. 

For luvanddaisies.

For malik3000, for healing - what a pain! Fortunately one can do everything online these days.  For the traffic snafu to get sorted out with no problems.

For New Zealand's North Island.

For Robert Armin.

For those afflicted by fire (Colorado), flood (Tyneside), heat (eastern US), stormy seas and splitting atoms (Japan). Lord have mercy.

For Boadicea Trott, for healing.

Lord, all Mad Cat wants is a room somewhere.

For Mrs S' friend S to be comforted in his loss.

For Jack the Lass' private intention.

Please don't test me too hard or too long while I wait for my job offer. (looks at watch) (what if they don't offer it to me?!?) (no! That's doubt! Just by doubting I've blown it! It won't be my coding skills it'll be my little faith!)(I'd really like not to be thinking like this please?)

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all of us and for our wider family and friends. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Royal Connission into the Christchurch Earthquake is hearing evidence on the collapse of the Canterbury TV building (where most of the fatalities occurred) heard the story of a young boy who was in the buiding, along with his mother and baby sister, to receive counselling for the effects of the Mov 2010 quake. The building pancaked and they fell several storeys to the ground floor from where they were rescued. Neither of the children were physically hurt, though the baby was covered woth the mother's blood fron a small injury. Thank God they got out before the fire took hold.

This boy's experience haunts me, so I am praying for him and his family.

In posting this I am asking too for your prayers.

Good news from the North Island (Taranaki) quake is that no one appears to have been hurt, though there is property damage.

[ 04. July 2012, 02:53: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] St Joseph the Worker, pray for me.

In the aftermath of the work bullying stuff, I have to go to *Mediation* today with the bully. Pre-meeting yesterday with Union Rep (only person I'm allowed to discuss it with) in what should have been a soundproofed room was overheard by a senior manager, who, instead of alerting us to the fact that what was clearly a private conversation was audible, instead waited until we had finished then ran off squealing and complaining to Union Rep's line manager so process may already be compromised.

Honestly, I think if management here fell into a bed of roses, they'd still come up stinking of shit [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through

[Votive] that Telepath receive a job offer

[Votive] for Huia and those still traumatised by the 2010 Christchurch earthquake

[Votive] that Jahlove's mediation goes well despite a breach of confidentiality

[Votive] for all those struggling in unjust workplaces

[Votive] for asylum-seekers and refugees needing shelter and place to call home, in South Africa and elsewhere

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've got to write a tricky email to the big boss about a member of staff. Prayers please that I get it right and that the best outcome ensues both for them and for me.

I've been praying through this thread, specially for all of us who work in schools.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I found out a week ago that a former co-worker of mine, a truly remarkable lady who has had entirely too much bad luck, has terminal cancer. I've been asked to contribute to what would have been a 60th-birthday book of tributes/memories/best wishes - but she likely won't live until her birthday.

Short story: I'm stuck. This friend has taught me so much, but I've no idea what to write. I've been procrastinating, and I'm scared I'll be too late. Please pray that the words will flow and that I'll be in time.

Thank you.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Start by explaining aloud or in written form why you can't write it. That's what I do. Often that will end up being your piece, if you're like me, but if it doesn't, you'll know what you need to work around.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mary LA:

[Votive] that Jahlove's mediation goes well despite a breach of confidentiality

Very many thanks.

It went well, the Mediators were skilful and thanks, I'm sure, to prayers and good vibes from various people, I felt empowered and almost invincible as I went into *forensic lawyer* mode, picking apart the bully's defence (hastily cobbled together by the non-union Diversity & Equality Officer (aka Management Tool [Disappointed] )).

While it was stressed that this process was intended to produce a win-win outcome, I am glad to say that, in fact, I WON [Big Grin]

This whole wretched procedure has radicalized me enough that I shall now be offering myself as a workplace union rep - so God help the bastards [Biased]

[ 04. July 2012, 19:42: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So far as I can tell, things are looking a little better in Colorado with the wildfire situation -- they've had some (not much) rain lately, which has helped some, but the ordeal is far from over.

We thank you, dear God, for the rain you have sent. We ask that you continue to shower your blessings down upon us.

One of the fires, the Little Sand fire, is located in the San Juan National Forest, just north of Pagosa Springs. My friend R. lives in Pagosa Springs but tells me he isn't threatened at the moment. However, he is involved in the planning of a music festival that will take place in Pagosa Springs the middle of this month, and he is counting on some badly needed income from that. He tells me that there have been quite a few cancellations and requests for refunds despite his assurances to patrons that the danger from the Little Sand fire is not great.

Please pray for R. He is still depressed over the death of his mother almost a year ago and a string of financial and personal setbacks. He is counting on the success of the music festival to be the turning point in his affairs.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the family mentioned by Huia. For those affected by the Taranaki quake.

In thanks and wonderment at Jahlove's victory. What is the world coming to? Shipmates defeating injustice wherever they find it? Even in the workplace? If this keeps up we'll be adding a whole new book to the Bible, and everyone will say it's just allegory and symbolism not meant to be taken literally.

For asylum-seekers and refugees needing shelter and place to call home, in South Africa and elsewhere.

For the right words and a good outcome for Gussie.

For Meg the Red's coworker, for healing. Please show Meg what to say.

For Colorado, and especially Amanda's friend R.

For K., so stressed by work that she cannot do anything else, including care for her son. I am tempted to advise her to quit, but that's easy for me to say and she says there has been a revolt over the issues that are stressing her, so I pray things dramatically improve for everyone there.

For K., who has moved house and taken a new job and her blood pressure is reacting accordingly.

Someone said to me tonight, encouragingly, "everyone I know who keeps looking for a good job has found one..." I felt better. "...even if it takes a year." I felt worse. THIS BETTER NOT TAKE A YEAR.  [Eek!]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
In thanks and wonderment at Jahlove's victory. What is the world coming to? Shipmates defeating injustice wherever they find it? Even in the workplace? If this keeps up we'll be adding a whole new book to the Bible, and everyone will say it's just allegory and symbolism not meant to be taken literally.

[Snigger] [Snigger] [Snigger]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

And Telepath--LOL re new book of Bible.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
please pray for Richard and Karen. Richard went overboard on his fishing boat, trying to get a net loose from the prop. Karen, his daughter and Chasee#1's closest friend, tried to save her dad and lost him. they're still searching. please please pray. everyone is devastated.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Please pray for my release from an inconsequential, but stressful, situation. I really need a weekend with nothing to worry about.

[Votive] For all here.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a week this is turning out to be - please pray for L, the sister of a friend and part of our church family (the friend, not the sister). A week ago she had a biopsy on something in her groin and was surprised at the size of the scar. Today she went back for the results and was told they had removed her lymph nodes and they were full of secondary cancerous cells, but they have no idea where the primary is. She has had a CT scan to try and find it but has to wait up to another week for the result of that. As she has no symptoms it could be anywhere. Please pray for:

Patience for L. and her husband, K
That the cancer will be somewhere that can be easily and successfully treated
For skill for the doctors treating her.

I just can't imagine what that must be like.

Thank you shippies, your prayers most gratefully appreciated

Mrs. S, still searching for words
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is very, very small in the midst of so much pain and suffering, but if you could slip in a prayer for my peace of mind as I start a new Summer school job in the UK I'd be very grateful.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

They took up references before Monday's interview so the fact they took up references wasn't reason to get excited.

But now they're telling me their emails to one of my referees is bouncing, and they wouldn't be bothering at this point if they'd already decided on someone else.

I bite another chunk out of the furniture in my anxiety.

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying for each

[Votive] praying particularly for those suffering various cancers

[Votive] praying that the situation with the traffic court is resolved as non-stressfully as possible

[Axe murder] [Yipee] praise that workplace justice was actually done for Jahlove

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Praying for all as I read. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am safely home from hospital though in a moderate amount of pain on occasion. I can walk up and down the stairs with no pain, but I cannot stand still without lots of pain, which seems illogical.

Praying for all who have posted recently [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't heard anything from any of the few job applications I've put in. Now the sun is shining, I've got enough money for the present, and I can pretend I'm on holiday, but.......that won't last forever.

[Votive] for all, but especially Telepath, and all others who are looking for work.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for M & F, struggling to find a way together through what are suddenly looking like very big differences. And for their children, that they may not be upset by arguments and a tense atmosphere at home. There's a lot more to it than that, but to protect their privacy I'll not say any more here. Our Heavenly Father knows the details, anyway... [Votive]

[ 05. July 2012, 13:24: Message edited by: Beethoven ]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] gratitude for Jahlove's answered prayers -- and that God will help the bastards

[Votive] for Comet's friend Richard missing at sea and his daughter Karen, all who know and care for him. Lord, have mercy --

[Votive] a stress-free weekend for Churchy LaFemme

[Votive] for L as requested by Mrs S, that the cancer may be found and be treatable, for L's husband K

[Votive] peace of mind for Dormouse as she begins a new summer school job in the Uk

Prayers for Telepath to get a job offer and the furniture be spared

[Votive] healing for Boadicea that she might be pain-free

Praying for employment opportunities for Robert Arnim and that he is able to get some rest in this hiatus

[Votive] for Beethoven's M&F, for a way through their difficulties and an end to conflict, that their children not suffer

For all struggling with relationships, health crises and unemployment

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my co-worker's s-i-l, B. They have decided he needs to get to the Mayo clinic, he left yesterday. The tumors could be a very rare form of cancer they only treat there. Prayers for him and all his family as they deal with this next round.
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You have my prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Jobs jobs jobs Lord help help help [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... and more jobs...

I had a second interview today for a position in a different department. First interview went well, sample work assignment went well, second interview only God knows. I'm not even sure what they were after, very in-your-face and aggressive. It was worse than my doctoral orals!

all I can ask is God's will be done. At this point i don't know if the job would be anything like the interview, or if this was just one of those things.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Richard and Karen. Lord have mercy.

For a weekend with nothing for Churchy to worry about.

For Mrs S' L and her husband K.

For Glis glis to excel at that job and radiate inner calm.

For malik3000, and all cancer sufferers, for healing.

For swift and peaceful resolution of malik's traffic court issue.

For Boadicea Trott, for healing.

For Robert Armin.

For Beethoven's M&F and their children.

Yes, God help these bastards we are all plagued with. May the bastards never be us.

For Lady A's B, for healing.

For Mad Cat.

For Lamb Chopped to end up in the right post.

You know, if after all this they don't offer me the job, I do believe I'll be annoyed. If it's not offered because someone (SO not me) made a typo in an email address then I'll be double annoyed. Also I need a new desk and armoire.

(sigh) I have a meeting at ex-workplace tomorrow, so hopefully I can help to close that deal whether or not it benefits me personally.

For M. facing reorganisation at her workplace.

For K.'s blood pressure and general well being.

For K, I'm so worried about her.

For a private intention.

--------------------

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

Thanks again to Telepath for gathering prayer requests so well. All requests in my prayers. [Votive]
I would like to add a request too - and it is on the job front. Future employment uncertain at the moment due to office closures - and I'm not at the best age to seek employment elsewhere. I'm hopeful all will be well but a bit worried nevertheless.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through, for each. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016