homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 59)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just received word that my mother's sister died this morning. She hadn't eaten for a week, and would drink water only rarely.
She had been hoping to die for a number of years. As you can guess, she was not a happy person.

Rest in peace, Aunt Lu.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my aunt, who is very frail and broke her arm this morning and is about to go into surgery as I write this.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all aunts & uncles, mums, dads, grandparents and all 'great-' variations thereof. [Votive]

[Votive] and for the younger ones who care for and worry about and love and miss them. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
on the one hand - self doubt
on the other, the universe that looks through your eyes - your eyes

Posts: 364 | From: Rubovia | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A few months ago I asked for prayers for friends who were undergoing their third course of IVF treatment. We heard yesterday that it was not successful, and that they have decided, after 6 years, to stop trying. So I seek your prayers for them as they grieve, and for us that we will be good supportive friends to them.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Things deteriorating rapidly at the Elder Tors. Mother Tor and I await the on-call doctors to see if they can help.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the Tor family

[Votive] For J

[Votive] For all who have asked our prayers, and all who cannot or dare not ask.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Alan Henning & family.

For ChastMastr’s friend, and for continued healing for the other friend’s infant nephew. For healing for Cubby, and lifting up for the homeless guy he met.

For ChastMastr to maintain self-discipline and get it all under control.

For clear direction for saysay.

For the person known to Nicolemr who is struggling with alcoholism.

For Jack the Lass’ family members. For her friends as they grieve their loss and for wisdom as to how to support them.

For Doc Tor and Dad Tor.

For Peppone and for Hong Kong.

For healing for Mr Bianchi.

For healing for fullgospel.

For a successful return to work for Starbug.

For healing and success for Piglet’s J.

For a great job for Robert Armin.

For a new home for Ethne Alba’s S.

For healing for Lyda*Rose’s M, preferably sooner than expected.

For success for Brothermr in his new job, and for good things to come from his Friday interview.

For Pine Marten’s C and M, for healing.

For healing for Abigail, and for stuff to stop going wrong.

For the souls of comet’s Flossie and John, and for better risk management and mental health care in the state of Alaska.

For healing for Lamb Chopped, a successful job interview, and a great camping trip, and even temper for Mr L.

For jedijudy and all who mourn the loss of Aunt Lu.

For my aunt, who successfully came through the operation. For my five cousins, her children.

For the Telemum.

For M.

I got ambushed with some short-notice supervising of 2 students in 2 courses, the content of which I am only partly familiar. Please pray that I will be able to give these students the guidance they need, and also to balance it with the rest of my workload as I have never done this before.

For the Paper of Doom to be accepted and get out of my life.

For success of 2 remaining career plans.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hugs and prayers for everyone, living and dead. [Votive]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially for Doc Tor and the elder Tors, JtL's friends, and for the soul of R., the lady at whose funeral we sang this afternoon.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

[ 12. October 2014, 03:11: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cb is applying for a job that she longs for even though it's for fewer hours, and to start with, a lower salary than she currently earns.
[Votive] for the best outcome.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Doc Tor and the Tor family.

For Jack the Lass's friends.

For the soul of Piglet's R.

For Cb to get that job.

For publication of my paper and for continuation of my present employment, possibly including a PhD under ideal circumstances.

For continued healing of Auntie Danger.

[ 12. October 2014, 20:44: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please, can anyone awake please pray for my friend J, who may be having a second miscarriage. Please hold her in your hearts, as she struggles thru this night of terrible not knowing.
Thank you all so much.

Please God, hold her in your living, loving, light.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We're starting to experience holes in the healthcare system, where it should seamless. Please pray we can drag the edges together without losing our tempers or our sanities.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Tors [Votive]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for everyone. Things have calmed down a bit here, as Mr. Lamb goes off the prednisone and my pain has abated. Thank you for praying!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me and for Cubby.

For me, because last night I had a ghastly emotional meltdown after not eating all day, and I think I now need to face the fact (which I'd thought was true before) that yes, I really am hypoglycemic to some degree, and I must eat even when Cubby doesn't feel like it or whatever (which he has also specifically begged me to do). Even junk food is better than nothing.

For Cubby, because he's still in a lot of pain with the arthritis, now currently focused on one of his knees. Basically he was taken off his anti-inflammatory meds because they were bothering his kidneys, given vicodin (ugh, ugh, ugh, he hates it, it's not very helpful, and it puts him right into outer space, which drives him and me crazy), then used up the vicodin (thank God, he doesn't want more of it--it's a very addictive med for some people)... sleeping a lot. The pain keeps him up so he sleeps when he can. He has a call in to his doctor for a better med of SOME kind, fingers crossed.

(That was part of why I didn't eat yesterday till horribly late--he never seemed to be ready to get out of bed, so I just kept putting it off so we could eat together. This was a horrible mistake on my part that I must not repeat.)

PS: Made sure I ate even fast food on way to work this morning, and brought home some for us both for lunch, and nagged Cubby till he ate as well. [Smile] Now pondering what to make for dinner, but eating at reasonable times has made a MASSIVE difference for me today. This must be Discipline Priority Number One in my life, I think, because it affects everything else.

[ 14. October 2014, 02:05: Message edited by: ChastMastr ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially LC and Mr. Chopped, and CM and Cubby.

CM - do try and look after yourself (by eating as regularly and sensibly as possible) - you can't be as supportive to Cubby as you'd want to be if you're not well yourself.

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light - and an Amen to Piglet's comment about eating regularly.

[Votive]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Amen. It's like those things they tell you on an airplane--in case of loss of cabin pressure, PUT THE MASK ON YOURSELF FIRST, because otherwise if you need to help your child, you can't do that if you're unconscious.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
[Votive] for all in need, especially LC and Mr. Chopped, and CM and Cubby.

CM - do try and look after yourself (by eating as regularly and sensibly as possible) - you can't be as supportive to Cubby as you'd want to be if you're not well yourself.

[Votive]

And from us as well, including the supportive advice.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
I'm off to the Doctor's in a few minutes. Please pray for it to be a productive visit and that I get appropriate tests to lead to a diagnosis for my recurrent symptoms of several years standing. And for relief of my (related) dental issues.
Also, my students have just started back and I want to be in tip top condition to do my work effectively. Please pray that I establish good working habits as I work mainly from home and it is easy to be distracted.
Many thanks
Annie

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been back home for two days after a scary 48 hours in hospital. Feeling a lot better and very thankful for:
  • The excellent care I've received from the NHS
  • The people from church who have kept in touch and visited me [Smile]
Reading and praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading an prayer for all above, and for those who have needs only known to God. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

Father Tor is in the hospice. Not long now.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for the Tors
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all praying here, especially for Father Tor and family [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all on here

[Votive] For all those who read, and for those who can't bring themselves to post.

[Votive] For anyone dealing with the terrors of the night, whatever they may be.

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Father Tor, HA and Abigail.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My workplace has reduced my hours for the phased return, but hasn't reduced my duties as promised. I feel sick and have started having panic attacks. I'm going to ask for another meeting to discuss this and, if they don't amend my duties, I may need to ask to be signed off again. Why is everything so bloody hard? They didn't even amend my working hours on the payroll system.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mental health is improving but still wobbly after a difficult couple of months. Sickness absence review meeting with my manager next week - should invite a union rep but nervous about that as have never asked the union for individual support before. Still applying for other jobs but think I may need to return to my current job for at least a brief period (because I don't want to be on sick leave for what I feel is 'too long') - alternate between thinking I can manage that okay and dreading it. Prayers appreciated.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up and praying

[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. Starbug and Zoey [Votive] that your work situations may be resolved swiftly.

[ 15. October 2014, 17:18: Message edited by: Sarasa ]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm under a lot of pressure right now, and it's starting to show in ugly ways- like not being a great mother, daughter, or girlfriend. I don't want to make the people I love suffer along with me. I need this to ease up.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016