homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:

If you post a picture of that ship your post will be better.

please note that you cannot put HTML for web images into your posts, and ASCII art is severely frowned upon.

WK
Host etc.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
quote:

If you post a picture of that ship your post will be better.

please note that you cannot put HTML for web images into your posts, and ASCII art is severely frowned upon.

WK
Host etc.

So, wise Quizmaster, would a link to a picture be sufficient?

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
In the case of a tie, the quality of the post will be used to make the decision.

That is quite beautifully subjective. [Overused]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Enterprise

Maximum Speed: Warp 8

(pictures in link)

--------------------
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been years since I've sailed, but I've got to go with wind power. I'll take Yellow Pages Endeavor which is the current world record holder at 86.2 kph. It's a really cool trimaran to boot.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick this ship, which has a maximum speed of approximately 24Mbps - I encourage you to admire the unique stylized decoration and discreet colour scheme [Smile]

[ 23. September 2008, 21:51: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An exciting high-speed action film of HMS York racing along at 30 knots.

(After all that seaspray, if anyone still needs to find help to view Comet's restful water picture) then take a peek at my amended suggestion, here.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I claim Daniel/Sam from SG-1 (a "ship" in fanfiction circles)

They go across the galaxy in seconds, so they do have a speed... [Biased]

Stargate

(I can't post what "shipping" is because it has a parenthesis..And the board doesn't like that. [Frown] )

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Sea Fighter is supposed to be the Navy's fastest ship, with speeds greater than 50 knots. Not beautiful but useful.

[ 23. September 2008, 22:53: Message edited by: Geneviève ]

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With so many types of ships to choose from, this should be a fun round!

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And a beautiful rose for each of our valiant also rans.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Damn the torpedos (and the editing window as well!) I was going to add all sorts of helpful links...

But instead I'll just post my choice for this round of the lovely Lady Washington, which is famous for several roles in movies and on which several of my cousins crew. Her top speed is about 11 knots.

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick this ship. And according to this source the tootsie model goes in three licks. And from my experience most models of this ship go very fast particularly on the night of October 31st.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm going to brink myself by entering the SS Great Britain, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel, and built in my hometown of Bristol. According to the Wiki, her top speed was 12.5 knots (about 14.4 miles per hour) without the aid of sails.

Here are pictures of her then (you have to scroll down a little) and now

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Oh, not so brinkish, thanks to the crosspost [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Brian Clough

chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:

Don't worry, Dave; what matters is that you felt brinkish, even if the thrill lasted just those few fleeting seconds! This way, you get all of the thrill (okay, well some of it) and none of the danger.

[edited to add words left out!]

[ 23. September 2008, 23:27: Message edited by: chicklegirl ]

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:

Hey you try to convert licks to miles per hour. All I know is my ship will be no longer be visible to anyone while yours will take awhile to get out of eyesight.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Queen Elizabeth 2, which has a maximum speed of 32.5 knots. It also has a library, an unfeasibly posh menu, some fairly comfortable alternatives to the traditional hammock, and some [Eek!] -inducing fares!
Posts: 2119 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose the starship the 'Heart of Gold' from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

From Wikipedia on 'infinite probability drives' which power the ship;
quote:
When one activates the Infinite Improbability Drive, the ship is literally everywhere at once)
As the ship is everwhere, it has a top speed of zero. Try and outbrink that!

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now that I'm free to be silly... (Don't mention that I was already being pretty silly, please.) I will post "the slowest ship in the ocean" More details here but I think you can safely say this ship travels at zero knots.

(Humph! Spent too long working on my useless ship and now I'm not even the first slowest ship!)

[ 24. September 2008, 00:51: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gwai, if you wanted to out brink you could argue a spaceship is not a ship.

If you wanted safety, you could argue your ship does move in the ocean. Down is a direction.

At any rate, yours is a much more beautiful craft with a much more attractive skipper.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll go for The Titanic. That's a decision that always ended well for people, didn't it?

Its top speed is 23 knots, or 43kph.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will nominate the Australian
ships of the desert,
which according to this site, can travel at speeds of up to 16 km an hour for up to 80 kms.

[Biased]

[ 24. September 2008, 01:42: Message edited by: Nutmeg ]

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
I choose the starship the 'Heart of Gold' from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

From Wikipedia on 'infinite probability drives' which power the ship;
quote:
When one activates the Infinite Improbability Drive, the ship is literally everywhere at once)
As the ship is everwhere, it has a top speed of zero. Try and outbrink that!
Now Patdys if you go from one place to every place instantly is it an infinite speed or zero speed? You might not be has close to brinksmanship as you think.

And Hart I don't think the Titanic currently has the ability to move. So will the QM accept top capable speed ever or current top capable speed? Personally I think we should go with top capable speed ever. But I am not in charge(everybody can breath a sigh of relief now).

--------------------

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I found more precise speed for the Stargate.

6 seconds to go across the galaxy...Or between galaxies (that might take a bit longer...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_

(you will need to add (device) to the end of that...

I still can't get those things to work [Frown]

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The best ship of all... The Premiership!

And it's top Speed is Gary Speed who has made the most ever appearances [Big Grin]

ij x (I'm grateful QM said 'top' not fastest!)

Oh - and the fastest a Premiership player can go is around 20 MPH

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

Outweirded and outclassed by icklejen.
When I stop laughing, I'll doff my cap. (thinking cap).

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rugasaw:

And Hart I don't think the Titanic currently has the ability to move. So will the QM accept top capable speed ever or current top capable speed? Personally I think we should go with top capable speed ever. But I am not in charge(everybody can breath a sigh of relief now).

I don't think it'd be fair to insist on current speed without also insisting on actual speed for all the fictional ships people have been suggesting (which, I'm guessing, would also be 0, as they don't actually exist).

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

Hart, I think you are right and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

Icklejen, great choice. I didn't know Gary Speed was still playing.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The legendary, one-of-a-kind Spruce Goose, with a cruising speed of "220 mph (353.98 km/h)".

This is from a poem about the Spruce Goose, by Alma:

quote:
You did fly and I think you might have been great,
But that subject was just lost, in the usual debate.
So here you sit, in McMinnville Oregon museum jail...
I believe in you and think through the air you could sail!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As others have posted Starships, I'll go one better with a "Stars Ship" - S.S. Southern Cross. According to the Ocean Liner Museum (a useful site for all your cruising information needs), its top speed was 21 knots.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No time to be clever or silly today, unfortunately, so I choose the Stiletto Ship which looks like nothing on earth and can run at 50 knots.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose SS Mahroussa (also known as El Horria) which is the oldest steamship still in service! It's top speed is 16 knots.

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

quote:
Hart, I think you are right and I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

Of course you should have mentioned it! I think it was such a good argument that I should get many smart points for being able to rebut it.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the Skater, that can hit speeds of 130mph.

http://www.cartech.com/news/wr_news_boat.html
(for info and a pic)

http://www.kelt.ie/waterwaysnet/bells-boat.asp
(crappy poem about boats)

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick a fishing boat, the schooner Bluenose It's the ship on the back of the Canadian dime. Launched in 1921 it fished and raced until it wreacked off of Hati in the 40's. It never did much better than any other boat at fishing, but boy, could she race! No one knows the top speed she ever hit, but her daughter, the Bluenose II , built to original plans by many of the same people who worked on the origianl Bluenose, can easily hit 16 knots (30 mph) under sail.

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

For all of you still looking, don't forget Gort has a trusty "ship" (i don't think he'd appreciate it being called a ship). Might qualify on the brinkmanship category too.
And the Stiletto is beautiful!

--------------------

East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I started out thinking I would like to choose only from ships I had actually sailed on - that narrows it down drastically.

When I lived in Denmark in the 1980s I once sailed on a ferry from Kalundborg to Århus on a large brand new ferry named Peder Paars. I googled it only to find that it has changed names several times, and been used as a ferry in several different countries, currently in Norway. It has a top speed of 19 knots (21 mph).

Incidentally I have just found out that a knot is 1 nautical mile per hour, equivalent to about 1.15 miles. I'm no professor of mathematics, but in The Pilgrim's post above, he equates 16 knots to 30 mph - can this be right?

I hope that with all these different ways of measuring sailing speeds (we have not even mentioned kilometres per hour) our quizmaster is not going to get himself tied up in....no, forget it. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I present the USS Leyte. She had a speed of 33 Knots, and a crew of 3448, one of which was my Daddy. [Big Grin]

When I started w*rking at my present church over fifteen years ago, a young lady (who became my friend) and I discovered that her Daddy was on the same ship at the same time as my Dad. They didn't know each other as her dad was a machinist below decks, and my dad was an aircraft mechanic on the deck.

Here's a picture, and interestingly, one of the service ships has the same name as the river I posted in the Quiz!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the SS Norway as she is "special" to my family. Originally called the SS France she was capable of 35 knots, this was reduced to about 25 knots when she was refitted and renamed the SS Norway.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I started out with boats that I knew, but I had a sinking feeling that all those were too slow. I went to the Navy and chose the Seawolf of the class of the same name with three of its kind. It can reach speeds of up to 30 knots . It reminds me of the Hunt for Red October, which is a book and movie that I love.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

quote:
Originally posted by Geneviève:
For all of you still looking, don't forget Gort has a trusty "ship" (i don't think he'd appreciate it being called a ship). Might qualify on the brinkmanship category too.
And the Stiletto is beautiful!

I know I like the way that Gort talks about his lady...

But tell a fanfiction junkie, what ship do you like, and well, we don't think like everyone else.

That's ok, isn't it? [Paranoid]

--------------------

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

quote:
Originally posted by CuppaT:
I started out with boats that I knew, but I had a sinking feeling that all those were too slow. I went to the Navy and chose the Seawolf of the class of the same name with three of its kind. It can reach speeds of up to 30 knots . It reminds me of the Hunt for Red October, which is a book and movie that I love.

For a bit I thought you were talking about a lost
submarine.

--------------------

the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by East Price Road:
Incidentally I have just found out that a knot is 1 nautical mile per hour, equivalent to about 1.15 miles. I'm no professor of mathematics, but in The Pilgrim's post above, he equates 16 knots to 30 mph - can this be right?

I hope that with all these different ways of measuring sailing speeds (we have not even mentioned kilometres per hour) our quizmaster is not going to get himself tied up in....no, forget it. [Roll Eyes]

I am so sorry, my mistake! At 16 knots the Bluenose II is going at a rate of 30
kilometers per hour [Hot and Hormonal]

I was playing for brinksmanship with this pick - and so far, it looks like I may get knocked out for my trouble!

[ 24. September 2008, 19:53: Message edited by: the pilgrim ]

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by East Price Road:

(we have not even mentioned kilometres per hour)

Well, I did, and so to save QM from a click of the mouse, I will note that the record for the Yellow Pages Endeavor was a bit over 46 knots.

[ 24. September 2008, 20:18: Message edited by: Mertseger ]

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
quote:

I don't think it'd be fair to insist on current speed without also insisting on actual speed for all the fictional ships people have been suggesting (which, I'm guessing, would also be 0, as they don't actually exist).
Great and Wise Quizmaster (clearly going for Brownie points) did not indicate specifics.

--------------------
(unknown)

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

If this man threw this , then The Enterprise would travel at 103 miles per hour.

Since the model is real and tangible one can no longer claim it to be fictional and since it can be thrown, one cannot consider it to be immobile.

**clearly hedging my bets** [Cool]

--------------------
(unknown)

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the first quick finish which is tough on those who may just have gone out for the evening/day I am closing the round.

Eliminated for failing to post:
Comet
Ephemera
Sharkshooter

QUALIFIERS
Angel Wrestler
Caty.
Chicklegirl
Chorister
CuppaT
Davelarge
Doublethink
East Price Road
Flags_Fiend
Fletcher Christian
Genevieve
Golden Key
Hart
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Patdys
Rugasaw
Rugmaker
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ROUND FIVE : FURNITURE

You must choose an item of furniture.

You then have to give it a value based on A=1,B=2,C=3...etc...Z=26.

Add the first, second, fourth and subsequent letters and take away the value of the third letter.

The person scoring closest to the mean average score will be eliminated.

ENJOY.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

Checking in my credenza for my secret decoder ring, I believe I'll kick things off at 66.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016