homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  94  95  96 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy:
My 90 year old grandmother has stopped eating and drinking.

Prayers ascending for her, and for you.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

for Spiffy's grandmother and all who care about her

for God's strength and wisdom for Smudgie and that the positive glimmers she sees blossom into the best possible resolution

for funding and a successful noninterview for Telepath and thanks and praise for her prayer ministry on the Ship

for continuing prayers for my cousin C, for some kind of big change that will lead to a more mature focus in re his life

for my feline companion Pulsar that she is not feeling any discomfort that i am unaware of and that i may have a better understanding of her wants and needs

thanks and praise that my melanoma treatment is still not causing me discomfort (how incredibly blessed i am!) and that the treatment does the job it's intended to do

[ 13. February 2012, 15:07: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:
... that the treatment does the job it's intended to do

Amen and amen.
For all those under treatment. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would appreciate any spare prayers. I am about as fed up as I've ever been and I need every ounce of self-control I can muster at the moment.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Spiffy's grandmother.

For Smudgie to put the fires out and say and do all the right things and have the assurance that she has done so, and gain the best possible resolution and ultimate good thereby.

For malik3000's C, for a big change leading to mature focus in his life. For malik and Pulsar to understand and care for each other better. (I would like to slip in a prayer for the Telemum and the Telecat, here.) For continued healing of the melanoma.

For Meg the Red to feel encouraged and have lots of self-control.

Dragging on task continues to drag on. I think I am being called upon to have the same kind of patience with others as I have always expected them to have with me. I think it serves me right - but I am getting beyond desperate now.

For a successful noninterview on Wednesday.

For S., very burdened with caring responsibilities.

For B., S., and S. For wisdom about a particular decision. For K., for healing.

I am very fed up with myself right now and I really want to have more self-control. I feel always a day late and a dollar short.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks like Grandma didn't feel up to eating or drinking 'cause she's got a really bad cold. She's home now, resting comfortably and Grandpa's reminding her to drink water even though she doesn't want to.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spiffy, great news.

Someone unpleasant from my past is back. I'd appreciate spare prayers for this person going away again without attempting to harm me financially or other ways.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading and praying [Votive]

and I'd appreciate prayer for me - I'm scared - I have at hospital colonoscopy tomorrow, because I'd had an accident a while ago when a motor-bike whizzed the wrong way down the road and hit me - my muscles were ripped and that's why colonoscopy now. I have to take special medication and have my daughter to take me to hospital and stay with me then at home for the night after she's brought me home!

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spiffy, what a relief! Continued prayers that she gets a little more energy.

[Votive] daisymay, for an uneventful procedure and good results

[Votive] for AG, for safety and reassurance

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The boy and I are off to the police station in the morning. He is very scared and needs your prayers.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Smudglet and Smudgie.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all, especially scared boys and those in pain.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] daisymay, from a frequent flyer: I think the preparation is worse than the procedure! Just make sure you have a decent meal afterwards, with definitely no jelly for afters..... [Devil]
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For scared boys.
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those who are scared, for whatever reason [Votive]
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Your prayers would be appreciated. The Mister and I have our initial appointment at the fertility clinic tomorrow.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Grandma Spiffy.

For the removal of someone unpleasant from Amazing Grace's past. While we're at it, for the continuing bannination of persons unpleasant from my past.

For healing for daisymay.

For Smudgie and the Smudgelet.

For fertility for Auntie and Mister Doris.

I'm kinda high strung right now. Also having trouble abolishing bad habits. Dragging-on task continues to drag on, but is moving. I am overreacting to stuff, though.

But on the bright side, a glimmer of funding! Also, a noninterview tomorrow. Whatever happens, I would like to leave an excellent impression.

For an extra day, and an extra dollar.

Chance of a half-day gig next week, which would be nice and also help a lot towards realizing the long-standing ambition.

For the Telemum.

For R. and J.

For G., for healing.

For S., for strength and for efficient care for her mother.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Smudgie and the Smudglet.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Smudgie and her boy and Auntie Doris and her Mister, that their very different appointments today go as well as they can. [Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
best possible outcome for our visit this morning - thank you for your prayers and support!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have had a bad day [Frown]

Please pray that I will regain my composure and for my mood swings to level out as I seem to be taking things out on anybody and anything atm.

Worst of all I've got to face the diabetic nurse tomorrow [Frown]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Smudgie and the Smudgelet. (Thank You for a good outcome!)

For Auntie and Mister Doris.

For a good day for Nanny Ogg. For composure. For a successful visit to the diabetic nurse.

The noninterview went AMAZINGLY. WELL. I am to have another, sometime next week. WOW.

For R. and J.

For G.

For the Telemum.

For me to realise that long-standing ambition.

For an extra day and an extra dollar to make up for the shortfall.

For me to meet my goals tomorrow (I did today).

--------------------

Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Smudgie and the Smudgelet. May they have at last turned the corner.
For Auntie D and her Mister.
And for all Shipmates who are ill or worried about those they love. [Votive]

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cheers! to Smudgie and Smudgelet! [Axe murder]

Rejoicing in good news, praying for those in need.

[Votive]

Please remember my beloved sister in your prayers as she prepares (finally!) to retire at the end of next month.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So glad for Smudgie.

Please pray for E, my mother in law.
thanks.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for you all, particularly for good health and good outcomes from appointments.

I have made some long overdue decisions this week. It is helping me to feel more hopeful about the future but there is still a lot of planning and deciding to go. Please pray for a clear mind and the right choices (also job hunting success)

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a good friend and her family, as they grieve for the death by suicide of her young nephew.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Annual church Meeting tonight. Please pray?
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who have asked - and those who have not.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Thank you for praying for me - I'm fine today, feeling OK, and was treated by nice nurses and doctor. [Overused]

[Votive] reading, praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Smudgie and the Smudgelet.

For Auntie and Mister D.

For PeteC's sister, preparing for retirement.

For Taliesin's E.

For wisdom and clarity, and employment, for Mrs Shrew.

For Lamb Chopped's friend and the friend's family in their time of terrible grief and loss.

For A., also in grief.

For St Everild's annual church meeting.

Thank You for daisymay's healing!

For me to continue in my present job or be redeployed. I think the redeployment option might open up wider possibilities for everyone, so, whichever is better, Lord.

Dragging-on task... the usual.

For G.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Mrs E's mum, who is in her 80s, fell recently and sprained her wrist and is still in some pain. A bit of healing would go down very well.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks to those who thought of and prayed re the trial for the violent attacker of M earlier this week. We are all emotionally and physically tired. Verdict = guilty. We are recovering from the immediate effects of court. The rest of recovery is indeterminate for her. And it seems for us.

Let us please think of all women, young and old, who have been attacked by sexual predators and are living with the shock, trauma and fear. Pray as you are able for women, girls, men, boys who have been attacked, and how to put ideas into action.

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  94  95  96 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016