homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 75)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No early church today, so came here to pray, am doing so now for all on the previous page.

P

[ 03. November 2013, 09:22: Message edited by: Pyx_e ]

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Comet and her family.

[Votive] For the Weeder. <I would simply say that you feel that God is leading you into new pastures. It sounds to me as if he is.> Thanks be to God, may his holy name be glorified by your continuing ministry.

[Votive] For peace in the hearts of all who post here, and all they pray for.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through as I prepare for Evensong.
[Votive]
Lighten our darkness we beseech thee, O Lord
and of thy great mercy defend us from all perils and dangers of this night, for the love of thy only Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Comet and her family

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And thank you all for your prayer and encouragement about my Church position.

I am sure God has it all in hand and will show me what to do.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Carol Sheridan to be found safe.

For comet and her family.

For daisydaisy.

For Ethne Alba.

For Graven Image's injured friend to be healed.

For Josephine, for healing. For Mousethief.

For kingsfold.

For malik3000, carcinomas be gone!

For Nicolemr and her daughter.

For piglet's congregation.

For Pine Marten, for healing.

For Raptor Eye's N, C, and B.

For Sir Kevin and Willow.

For The Weeder, for guidance.

For Zoey to get it all done.

The Weeder, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately nobody involved is my friend - it's a professional situation. My adversary is free to do whatever he wants (or seemingly has been in the past) but I'm not free to respond. I definitely don't want them getting their hooks into anything that can affect me, nor crossing paths with me again.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For the Telemum.

For A., for healing.

For the brilliant AND FAST success of my side project which is really soaking up my time and getting me down. [Mad]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thankful news, K's brain bleeding has stopped and she has been moved out of ICU into regular hospital room.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God indeed, GI. May K's healing continue.

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Comet, her mum and their family.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have much to do this week. Some of it is hard brain work, and some of it requires tact and thought. It's all important. I doubt my ability to get it all done and get it all done well. Prayers appreciated.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through, particularly for Comet.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God hold you all and all the concerns you are carrying
[Votive]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm trying to get back to work after a month off with the madness and I'm really struggling. I've only made it to one of four shifts since I officially came back and at the moment I feel like I'm piling failure on top of failure. Please pray that I'm making the right decision by going back now and that I'll be able to do it.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] chive

[Votive] for all here. Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Comet, her mother and all who grieve for has stepfather, and may he rest in peace and rise in glory

[Votive] for guidance and protection for Telepath

[Votive] for guidance and a clear path for Weeder

[Votive] Mama Cat who had 4 kittens on my porch and then a week later moved them, but who has come 2-3 times daily to my porch for food and affection, has disappeared for the last 2 days and the weather is getting colder. Praying that she and family are safe.

[Votive] for me to take care of business, financial and household, before it's too late, and that both of my cancers remain stable or better.

[ 04. November 2013, 14:47: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and Praying may all on this list human and animal have a blessed day, free from pain, or worry. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Mr. O's family. Mr. O went home to glory on Friday and the service is today. He was the sweetest man and I will miss him at church. [Tear]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

For Comet. When we can not speak, we can pray. [Votive]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Graven Image's K, for healing.

For Grammatica to get it all done and get it all done well.

For Comet.

For chive, for healing and for success at work.

For malik3000 (carcinomas be gone!) and for Mama Cat and her kittens to come back safe. For malik's financial and household business.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde, and for all who will miss Mr. O.

Didn't get much done today. I need to reconstitute myself and start (re)forming better habits (again). Need to have a very successful work week this week.

For the Telemum.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Carol's car has been found at the start of a mountain trail. The search has been called off until first light tomorrow. Please hold her before the Lord. And all of her family and friends.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It was a difficult couple of days. Not quite for the reasons I was anticipating, and indeed some things were easier. But still difficult. I survived.

Thanks.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nenuphar
Shipmate
# 16057

- Posted      Profile for Nenuphar   Email Nenuphar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know there are so many very pressing needs before you, but please, of your charity, could you pray (storm heaven, even!) for justice to be seen to be done all this week at the trial of my daughter's father (my first husband) who raped her from the age of 13 to 20 (after he had left us for other women and, of course, completely unbeknown to me.) She is now 43 and has only recently plucked up the courage to go to the police. However, after she did, I confronted him and he admitted it to me, though he is pleading not guilty at the trial, so I have to give evidence on Wednesday too. May I remember it all clearly and coherently.
In addition, her mother-in-law had a stroke yesterday evening and is in ICU, though she has recovered consciousness.
O Lord, bring justice and healing to all those needing you so much. Thank you.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stupid silly one but could someone pray my toilet get fixed tomorrow in double quick time. So far it has need all its internal organs renewing twice!

For a fair settlement for the bill. It has been costly both to the plumber and to me.

Jengie

[ 04. November 2013, 21:24: Message edited by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Carol to be found, soon and safe

[Votive] Justice for Nenuphar's daughter, peace for Nenuphar and her daughter and health for her mother-in-law

[Votive] Finally, a cure for T from recently diagnosed Hodgkins Lymphoma.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Chive, Grammatica, Malik, Kingsfold, Nenuphar and her daughter, Ye Olde Motherboarde and all who mourn Mr. O. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

Also for the three deacons who were ordained priests in the Cathedral here earlier this evening.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Carol that she may be found today. And prayers for the search party, many of them volunteers.

--------------------
Edith

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For justice and truth to be seen and heard. For clear thinking for Nenuphar and her daughter. For healing.

For strength and comfort for those facing illness and sorrow.

For enthusiasm and eagerness for those stuck at work.

Lord, in your mercy.... [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
For justice and truth to be seen and heard. For clear thinking for Nenuphar and her daughter. For healing.

For strength and comfort for those facing illness and sorrow.

For enthusiasm and eagerness for those stuck at work.

Lord, in your mercy.... [Votive]

Amen.
That Carol is soon found.
That the rash that has been tormenting me will soon heal.
In your mercy, Lord, [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

[Votive] prayung thru

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

I have a date with bureaucracy this morning, I hope, or fairly soon - so come on God, make it easy for me, please.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Carol and those who are looking for her.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through after a few days away. [Votive]

Thank You, Lord, for this little community of saints, where we can come together for support and refuge.

I foolishly checked my work emails while on leave and it appears a formal complaint has been made about a member of my team - not for the first time. I fear that we are going to go round and round the disciplinary 'mulberry bush' again. At the heart of it, I honestly think he's in the wrong job, so serious conversations may need to take place about redeployment, among other things.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Praying for all above, that the love and blessing of our Lord may be made manifest in their hearts and lives. Lord hear our prayers for all needs. [Votive]
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Edith:
Prayers for Carol that she may be found today. And prayers for the search party, many of them volunteers.

Carol's body was found today, link. [Frown]

Heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. [Votive]

Edith: what was her Ship name - if you are free to tell? We/You could then start a memory thread just for her, as we have been doing, unfortunately too often, when losing a Shipmate. - Thank you.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. Comfort those in need, and be with them in the hour of darkness. [Votive]

[ 06. November 2013, 16:44: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May her memory be eternal. [Votive]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

[Votive] For the friends and family of Carol.
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
quote:
Originally posted by Edith:

Carol's body was found today, link. [Frown]

Heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. [Votive]

Edith: what was her Ship name - if you are free to tell? We/You could then start a memory thread just for her, as we have been doing, unfortunately too often, when losing a Shipmate. - Thank you.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. Comfort those in need, and be with them in the hour of darkness. [Votive]

She was Atheist. She and I had many, many discussions about religion. She joined The Ship on my recommendation and read so much on here. She was utterly straightforward and true but after many correspondences we came to a wonderful understanding. And in her last message to me she said 'I don't think I can draw a line between my philosophical view and your religious one'. She was a brave, principled wonderful woman who was devoted to her family - she had ten grandchildren - she had been a headteacher and was passionate about the disadvantaged children she took to her heart. She loved the mountains and told me that when she went for one of her daily walks / scrambles she always said 'I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my strength'. she had a heart as big as the Alps she lived in and the tribute page to her on Facebook and Gransnet show how much she was loved RIP.

--------------------
Edith

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God rest her soul [Votive]

and send comfort to family and friends.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016