homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah -- duhhh -- I JUST figured out that it was a still picture. I mean, it's a quarter to midnight in Florida, and the sun is streaming in....hmmmph.

I think the least they could do would to be to prop the tabernacle up on a United Van Lines box, or something else that says "We're MOOOVing!"

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And get all the tat queens here going on about the proper bits suitable for supporting the tabernacle?

Please, No! [Help]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Early August!?!? That's far too long to wait.

Though the strange thing is the photo does keep refreshing every minute. You'd think they may've turned that off...perhaps on every 666th rotation a surprise picture awaits. Or perhaps I'm suffering withdrawl from monk spotting and need [Help] ...

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep looking, too, Ian.

Jennifer, I think we need to give the tat queens something to occupy themselves during the summer doldrums. Think of the greater good!

(Not until AUGUST?!? Where are their PRIORITIES?)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone know a date for the BWS going live again? We need to work up a serious head of steam on the SoF home page...

[Cool]

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All it says on the website is "hopefully" some time in early August. It's cruel to tantalise us like this [Disappointed]

I shall be on holiday by the time we get to see Jesus in his new accommodation, but luckily our hotel boasts internet access in every room, so I can rush home after a day's sightseeing and log on to see whether he's there yet...

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ancient One, you could always try offering, from your seemingly inexhaustible supply, a Ned Flanders Car Freshener to the first person to spot the new improved and minute-by-minute updating chapel. That way, you'ld be second to know.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
And get all the tat queens here going on about the proper bits suitable for supporting the tabernacle?

Please, No! [Help]

[Big Grin]

As you're asking... [Smile] If one must use a tabernacle instead of a nice English pyx, then that still leaves a choice between a canopy supported by four acolytes, one carried by six, and a simple ombrellino.

Although I'd be tempted to eat the Thing beforehand and reconsecrate once you got there - much simpler!

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Ancient One, you could always try offering, from your seemingly inexhaustible supply, a Ned Flanders Car Freshener to the first person to spot the new improved and minute-by-minute updating chapel...

You're on.

[Overused]

--------------------
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
Although I'd be tempted to eat the Thing beforehand and reconsecrate once you got there - much simpler!

I had come to the conclusion, given the conspicuous non-claiming of the prize for first screen-grab of a consecration, that the brothers are a fatherless branch and have to send up to head-office for fresh Jesus.

--------------------
Ann

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mm, quite possible now one thinks about it. But then, it's much easier to transport a priest than a Sanctissima. In fact, many priests are able to transit themselves ("with the help of just two nuns!".

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
...send up to head-office for fresh Jesus.

Fresh Jesus! Mmmm. Praise be! That sounds so much like an up-coming Ship of Fools feature, or a new aftershave using only New Testament-mentioned ingredients. [Cool]

--------------------
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tchah! These Romans! They must surely have a priest in to celebrate Mass with them every day, so where's the problem?

I can't help thinking that these things are done so much better in the Good Old C of E. If there are any English Munx out there who want to build a new monastery (complete with their own BSW), I'd be happy to help them advance the True Faith by buying a brick from them......

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Advocatus Diaboli
Ship's cannon
# 5172

- Posted      Profile for Advocatus Diaboli   Author's homepage   Email Advocatus Diaboli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... and then throwing it through the (stained glass) window of the nearest monastery of RC persuasion. [Razz]

--------------------
Shipmate formerly known as lazystudent

The only way of catching a train, I have discovered, is to miss the train before. (G.K.C.)

Posts: 576 | From: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
All it says on the website is "hopefully" some time in early August. It's cruel to tantalise us like this

I agree, wholeheartedly.

What we OUGHT to do is promise them pledges toward their new place: the faster they get the BSW back up and live, the more money we will give them. It might be a powerful motivator.

I'll start it out by pledging five bucks.

quote:
I shall be on holiday by the time we get to see Jesus in his new accommodation, but luckily our hotel boasts internet access in every room, so I can rush home after a day's sightseeing and log on to see whether he's there yet...
I shall be on holiday as well, and I won't be taking the laptop along. Will you call me on my mobile to give me the good news when you spot it, please?

[Help]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Dizma
Apprentice
# 9882

- Posted      Profile for Dizma   Email Dizma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hm, am I blessed by that medicine cabinet or by the lamp or by the image of Jesus above? [Axe murder]
Posts: 5 | From: Slovenia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome, Dizma, to Ship of Fools. I see you've already checked out the very useful UBB thread in the Styx, so please feel free to continue to wander the boards, getting familiar with the posting guidelines. And have a very enjoyable voyage!

Anselmina
Ecclesiantics Host

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dizma
Apprentice
# 9882

- Posted      Profile for Dizma   Email Dizma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for your kindness, Anselmina. [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Slovenia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
We are currently moving to our new monastery. The above picture is a still capture of the chapel. We hope to have the webcam live once again hopefully sometime in early August. Thank you for your patience. The Monks
Sending a Monk-o-Gram:

Patience, hell. This is taking too long!

A Fan

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

EpiscoWhat
Shipmate
# 9660

- Posted      Profile for EpiscoWhat   Email EpiscoWhat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It amazes me that this webcam thingy showing a piece of bread is so popular. What is one supposed to get out of seeing this piece of bread or rather not seeing it. I do wish someone would explain worshiping the bread. I really do not understand it.

T

--------------------
Now up and sailing: Fair Havens, the private board for LGBTQ Shipmates. Interested in joining? PM me for details.

Posts: 290 | From: Deep South, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EpiscoWhat:
It amazes me that this webcam thingy showing a piece of bread is so popular. What is one supposed to get out of seeing this piece of bread or rather not seeing it. I do wish someone would explain worshiping the bread. I really do not understand it.

T

If indeed that's what it is then I'm right with you. If, however, it is the body and blood, soul and divinity of the glorified risen Christ, then it's exactly what we should be worshipping. Which of these it is, is almost certainly too purgatorial for this board, if not a dead horse already.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right - while we wait, why don't we all take a video tour of the new monastery (link on centre right)?

Just done that and am all dizzy now... [Projectile] [Biased]

Certainly one of the worst promotional videos since 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'. Right at the start, this guy's obviously trying to film through a lamp post (!), and in close-up! Eight minutes of sheer bliss, albeit the sound is withheld from us. [Roll Eyes]

So, hold on tight... Any comments?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EpiscoWhat:

T

'Worshiping the bread' would be a purgatorial topic, if you're really interested in finding out more about Real Presence and the various theologies surrounding the words of Jesus in scripture relating to his body etc, and how different churches have interpreted that.

This issue has already cropped up briefly on another Ecclesiantics thread, so maybe someone ought to start a thread proper in Purgatory?

Anselmina
Ecclesiantics Host

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:

Certainly one of the worst promotional videos since 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'... Any comments?

ROLL UP! ROLL UP FOR THE MONASTERY TOUR...!

--------------------
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Ann

Curious
# 94

They've changed the message and dropped the 'early August' bit - priorities, guys!
quote:
The above picture is a still capture of the chapel at our former rented house. We hope to have the webcam live once again at the new monastery. Thank you for your patience. The Monks

--------------------
Ann

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Three weeks I've been offline, and there is no progress.

Is outrage!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

(bump)

[Mad] ...still no live webcam... [Mad]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thank you for your patience. The Monks
Forgive me Father for I have sinned: my patience is sorely lacking.

Bring back the blessed camera brothers!

Midnight Scholar
Shipmate
# 9112

- Posted      Profile for Midnight Scholar   Email Midnight Scholar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ian, I went back there at approximately the same time as yourself - since I hadn't visited for a couple weeks I had hopes things would have changed!

Alas not. Now come on guys; how long does it take? And is Jesus packed up in a trunk right now while you take your time moving in?

Have mercy, guys. Let Him have some air.

mn

--------------------
Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth.
Deal with it.

Posts: 129 | From: out there | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

It's about time they changed their caption to:
quote:
The above picture is still a capture of the chapel at our former rented house.

--------------------
Ann

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

[Killing me]
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, Monks, this really won't do, you know [Disappointed] Every time I got near a computer when I was on holiday I checked to see what was happening - nothing. And still nothing [Frown] now I'm home.

I just hope there hasn't been some glitch in the move and Jesus is stuck in storage somewhere [Paranoid]

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

FREE JESUS NOW!

I think it's time for another caption update: "Hey, folks, we're just messing with your minds!"

Rossweisse // disconsolate

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wanna see the new digs!

And I know it's not THAT hard to lay cable, you want I should make a pilgrimmage to Florida?

(Hey, how far are they from Disneyworld?)

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Go for it, Spiffy!

It is now September (in much of the world, at least) and the monks have betrayed our trust totally and completely. I am heartbroken and disillusioned.

[Waterworks]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

I think Jesus and the Monks may be having a tough time - I explored the site yesterday and found a bit which said that they're now living in the new monastery and working on it, but (and this sounds ominous) "Some construction corrections are still being worked on by the contractor." [Paranoid] I've lived in a flat while builders were working on it and it was distinctly stressful. Maybe they just don't want Jesus to have to put up with the American equivalent of Radio 1 blaring all day...
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

You are a good and charitable person, Margaret.

What with the webcam being a solid month later than promised, I'm starting to think that the monks ARE building contractors.

(Yes, I know that's a cruel thing to say, but they brought it on themselves.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

Do you think we should write to Ray Collins from Fox 13 or +John of Venice (Florida) to enquire about the current situation of our beloved monks?
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

I've just sent an e-mail to the Bishop asking about the monks. [Help]

I'll let you know what of any progress.

[edit: and I just received an "Undeliverable" e-mail back -- [Waterworks] Why is the entire world against us? I'll have to hunt for another address!]

[ 06. September 2005, 06:20: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

- Posted      Profile for Mater et Magistra   Email Mater et Magistra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Until the monks and Our Lord return to monksofadoration.org, you folks can satisfy your need for Catholic Webcam Goodness in the following places:

Live Webcam of the Turin Cathedral's Holy Shroud Chapel!

Transfiguration Catholic Church's Chapel Webcam! You can even view Transfiguration's Sanctuary here and get live audio during Mass! (beware the modernist architecture, though! [Paranoid] ) 9am and 5pm on Saturdays, and Sundays at 8am (advertised as "Incense Free!" for the low-Church amongst you! [Yipee] ) , 10am and Noon (signed for the hearing impaired!), and en Espanol at 2pm and 6pm.

I don't know the full story behind this Messiahcam , and I'm doubtful that it qualifies as Catholic Goodness, but it is advertised as "One of the places in Jerusalem where, it is thought, Jesus may return again in the final days" . [Ultra confused]

Happy viewing! (until the monks return, at least!)

Posts: 110 | From: Northeastern U.S. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

- Posted      Profile for Mater et Magistra   Email Mater et Magistra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh, I know I'm double posting, but there's currently a creepy man ... well... creeping around the altar at Transfiguration.

I think he's sanding the table, while another man watches?

And now they're joined by a third man!

Lots of activity here... But no sign of Our Lord, unfortunately!

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

And, oh disappointment, the Turin Shroud chapel webcam says it's currently out of order [Disappointed]
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

May God richly bless you Mater et Magistra for your help in satisfying our withdrawls...

The Turin shroud, at least currently, appears obscured by a church. It's an outside feed. But one takes what one can get... Is this a different one to the chapel one Margaret? I couldn't find a link to it. I think they may be in league with the monks to confound us...

The MessiahCam isn't working for me though...have the goodly been raptured and I've been left-behind??? [Ultra confused]

The Transfiguration Chapel is a delight, however: I just saw some worshippers conclude a session, genuflect and depart in peace. Wondrous. [Yipee]

[ 06. September 2005, 23:33: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh - maybe I should get one of those for our chapel. [Devil] Then folks could see just how odd their behaviour in church sometimes is.

At the moment at the Transfig webcam I am seeing a solitary family with a kid who seems to have ants in her pants jumping up and own constantly. Or is she rehearsing some new liturgical dance? [Snigger]

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

Hmm, I'm getting disturbed, our Lord has been alone for hours in Transfiguration chapel now. [Mad]

On a lighter note, Messiahcam is back up and running, so it appears the rapture hasn't begun after all. The sun is just coming up there, it looks to be a beautiful day in Jerusalem!

What a shame that the Turin cam is broken.

Oh, but look, from the Augustinian Fathers in Malta we have the webcam of the Millenium Chapel , although the picture is a bit distorted for me. Can anyone else see it clearly?

Hmm.. time for bed, but I can't seem to make myself leave the monitor knowing Jesus is still alone at Transfiguration. [Help]

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

I think the Augustinian Fathers need to get someone in to sort out their webcam - the fuzzy picture looks like a set of very small pigeon-holes, though there's a recognisable bit of candlestick on the left. And the Messiahcam says "site not responding" every time I try it, and the Holy Shroud Chapel is still fuori servizio. And all I can get of the Transfiguration chapel is a very pretty but blank plain blue square [Frown]

Meanwhile, back in Venice, Florida, the Monks are obviously still busy making the workmen cups of tea [Roll Eyes] Where's Jesus when you need him?

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

Blast the time differences! All quiet at Transfiguration. Though M&M was right: very, very modern! Pray tell, fellow watchers, is what appears to be the white material at lower-left ?

I haven't heard back after my e-mail. I'm quite upset: where are you, o monks?

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

There's someone playing with a mike at Transfiguration currently. And in the sanctuary!

Is this an authorised visit? Or are they up to no good? [Paranoid]

[Edit: and someone just came in and crawled under a table!?!? Thankfully Jesus isn't out to see such a sacrilegious display! [Disappointed] ]

[ 09. September 2005, 14:02: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

And Glory Be!!!

The monks' new chapel is online.

Though Jesus isn't. [Ultra confused] [Confused] More waiting! [Waterworks]

[ 09. September 2005, 14:20: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

quote:
Ian asked:

Pray tell, fellow watchers, is what appears to be the white material at lower-left ?

Though it appears gone now, I think it was plastic sheeting covering the Presider's chair and the rest while they're doing their renovations. We can only pray that they're making changes of a more... traditional nature. [Paranoid]

A busy morning at Transfiguration. I watched as 6 sturdy looking men gathered round the picnic tabl..er... altar and sidestepped back-and-forth, and squatted up and down in what was possibly the worst display of liturgical dance I've ever seen.

Or its possible they were affixing the top of the picnic tabl..er, altar to its new base. I'm not sure.

Oh, and horrors, a man and sleeveless woman (!) on Sanctuary Camera One have just unfurled what appears to be a large, purple felt banner and are hanging it behind the Presider's Chair. If I'd been quicker I could have grabbed a pic of it for the Terrible Tat thread. [Projectile]

I now need to figure out what the large, white ring thing is that they've been carrying around. A giant white wreath? An oversized toilet seat? I'm almost afraid to find out!

More as the situation develops...

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016