homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » SoF Quotes File (Page 50)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: SoF Quotes File
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]
If that wasn't already on this board, it would deserve to be put here.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I very rarely quote myself in the quotes file but I had such a strong moment of clarity surrounding this moment I wanted to archive it. Basically, it was almost worth dealing with the bitch I am describing to have generated the mental image of her soul I just did. Almost.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

I bet if you put her soul under a microscope, it would look like a little scrap of decayed lichen. Rarely have I met someone who devoted so much energy to backstabbing and trash talking sabotaging and needless competing. She-- BRRR! working with her was like sharing a staff room with Elizabeth Bathory.

I mean, if you met her, you would agree- perfection.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I once went to fill out a new intake form at the opthamologist's office and couldn't remember my name. I had to pull out my driver's license to check.

That was embarrassing.

Love this! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The king of Bashan just TOTALLY made my day.

quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
Well, it's been five days and my dog is still climbing on my head every morning at 5:00, to make me get up and give her cat his insulin shot, in spite of the fact that I've been daily moving the shot toward six in ten minute increments.

I don't care if we call midnight noon and Jacks beat Aces so long as things stay the same. It's like going through jet lag without the holiday.

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Your dog has a cat? And she keeps track of his shots?
[Eek!]

quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
All the dog knows is that if he jumps on Twilight's head in the morning, the cat gets stuck with a needle. Some things are so awesome you don't need an explanation.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agreed! [Overused]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure what all of this is about, but it's so good it doesn't matter. From the bitching-about-marriages-and-weddings thread in Hell:

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
The trend here is most people shack up and only get married to entice their parents to lend them a down payment for a mortgage because they did the no pill-pull out but not soon enough on the tugging, so now they have a gerbil in the cage and think they need to upgrade to the condominium. When I babysit we're smoking cigars from the wrong end, singing The North Atlantic Squadron and drinking rum in our milk, out of bowls. And sling shots. With plenty of rocks.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I'm not sure what all of this is about, but it's so good it doesn't matter. From the bitching-about-marriages-and-weddings thread in Hell:

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
The trend here is most people shack up and only get married to entice their parents to lend them a down payment for a mortgage because they did the no pill-pull out but not soon enough on the tugging, so now they have a gerbil in the cage and think they need to upgrade to the condominium. When I babysit we're smoking cigars from the wrong end, singing The North Atlantic Squadron and drinking rum in our milk, out of bowls. And sling shots. With plenty of rocks.

It sounds like part of a Charles Bukowski poem.

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who?

Now who says the Styx can't be entertaining;

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Do "Rest in Peace" threads for famous people go in Heaven, Purg, or All Saints?

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Rest in Peace. All Saints.

Rest in Peace? Purgatory.

Rest in Peas. Heaven.

Rest in Pees. Hell.

Rest in Pease. The Styx.

Rest in P's. The Circus.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ethne Alba in in All Saints on the inadvisability of using one's own parish priest as a spiritual director:

quote:
it's a bit like meeting one's gynaecologist in Morrisons.
[Hot and Hormonal] [Ultra confused]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wisdom by tortuf:
quote:
It may not surprise you to learn that I did not have a very happy relationship with the god that I had created inside my head. That god did not answer my (few and far between) prayers. That god did not give me comfort in times of trouble.

This is probably because the god I had created inside my head lived in a very bad neighborhood.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A great truth from daronmedway
quote:
God Almighty, not God all matey.
And I know just which pastard's shell-like I'll be dropping that little gem [Devil]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
A God who keeps some people at arm's length is a bit of a bell-end...

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
The new vicar at a rural church on the borders of Kent and Sussex said from the pulpit at his first service that he didn't want to look down and see a congregation of old people. So the next week he didn't.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the "Shit pastors say" thread in Heaven, Stercus Tauri used a particularly delightful expression I'd like to remember:

quote:
On a bad day, it's hard to tell the difference between him and the south end of a northbound donkey.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daronmedway preaches it the way it is:

quote:
the early church seems to have put great stock on the presbyterate being able to teach the word, not paint, dance liturgically, or rightly divide lumps of clay.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The inimitable comet:

quote:
...Hey, if you learn stuff by making every mistake in the book, so what? at least you learned, right?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Just.. Just.. Beautiful.

quote:
Originally posted by chive:

My worst dentist was one I saw as a child who smoked while looking at your teeth. He threw me out when I bit him.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

IngoB on his Hellish property rights:
quote:
This is a thread for people who want to poop on my lawn. Could those who want to throw faeces at each other for unrelated reasons please get off it? Thanks ever so kindly.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poetry in motion by LeRoc on Liberation Theology.

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Evensong: For liberation theology (which seems to be Le Roc's leanings) there is plenty.
Guilty as charged [Smile] I'd just like to clarify that when I speak about "Christ standing with the poor and the powerless", I don't mean that this is all He did. It's kind of hard to summarize my view on Christology in one paragraph in a blog post. In fact, I would be hard-pressed to completely express it at all.

quote:
Stejjie: The only thing I have about the interpretation put forward by LeRoc is that, on its own, it kind of seems a bit... futile.
Yes, I see what you mean. Like I tried to explain above, this interpretation doesn't really stand 'on its own' as much as it appeared here. Let me try to begin to formulate what I mean.

In my understanding, part of the reason why God came to this world in Jesus, was to show a way for us to live in relationship with God, with the people and the world around us, and with ourselves. It means putting aside our egoism (which can be a liberation in itself) and trying to do what God asks of us, not because it will give us status (as exemplified in the portrayal of the Pharisees) but because we feel it is the right thing to do.

A big part of trying to live like this has to do with power. If we include our relationship with the poor in this equation, we rapidly see that the reason why they are poor is because power. This is what makes it hard, especially since we should resist the temptation to fight this situation using power ourselves. That is not God's way. We have to find different ways, and that is hard.

And you're absolutely right, this can feel futile and it can be frustrating at times. In my work with poor people, I can feel the trap of frustration and cynicism looming nearby very often. There's so little we can do, and the powers we're up against are so big...

But one of the things I get from the Gospel is that throught Jesus, God felt this sense of futility too. I find this expressed rather well in the 'bitchy' reactions Jesus gave in Luke 9:51–62. God is with us, He knows what it's like. Knowing this can be a liberation in itself.

And of course, the story doesn't end on the Cross. The Resurrection is kind of a hope against all odds to me, a 'fool's hope' as Gandalf expressed it that power won't win in the end. It is this that we can cling to.

Of course, this isn't the only aspect that the Cross and the Resurrection have to me. But I guess this post is already long enough as it is [Biased]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Schroedinger's Cat pulls no punches in the Decent Christmas Songs thread in Heaven:
quote:
All I want for Christmas is not allowed. It may be slightly better than some, but that is just because it is a dried dog turd, not a liquid one.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In a similar note (pun intended), on the Annoying Christmas Songs thread in Hell, Miss Amanda cites

quote:
E'n so, here below, below,
Let steeple bells be swungen.
And "Io, io, io"
By priest and people sungen.

... which prompts this observation from Albertus:

quote:
You might sing io io but only if you were a cockney dwarf and it was off to work you were going

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nonsense. Lots of larger people sing "I owe, I owe, I owe" as off to work they go.

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This little gemster came from a clash of the Titans in Hell
quote:
It's like watching "Aliens VS Predator." If I were a guy, I would have a hard-on.

In no way biologically correct but what the heck.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Trudy Scrumptious in Keryg on the -er- more dramatic psalms:
quote:
"Oh Lord preserve me from mine enemies!" rhetoric leaves me picturing some of the psalmists as emo teenagers in skinny jeans with heavy black eyeliner.
[Big Grin]

[ 24. December 2013, 20:05: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Struth.

quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
Fact is, we're all pretty dodgy. Get over it.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Similarity of our Heaven (and Purgatory and Hell) to any other places trading under the same name a bit variable - but at least they're here and now.

Firenze

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sioni Sais in Hell

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
He typifies the term "well-balanced" in that he has a chip on each shoulder.

[Killing me] [Killing me]

Totally stealing that line.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Patdys in AS:

quote:
I have the privilege working in palliative care.

If you are wondering,
Do the staff really care for our deceased friend or relative, for us, or is it an act, a part of the job?

My answer is yes, we care.
We share your stories, tears and laughter. We recognise the honour of being invited into your lives at this time, being part of your story and journey.

We don't always get it as right as we would wish. And I am sorry.

Your stories shape us.
We care.
And we remember.
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Evensong on the Cranford thread in Hell:

quote:
]Damn.

I was enjoying being a supreme example of Christian perfection, secure in my righteousness.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
Firenze:
quote:
...emergency muffins...
[imagines muffins with jam stripes down the side and little flashing blue lights on top]
A day-brightener from Heaven! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of the 'Offenderati' thread in Hell. Brilliant.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have absolutely no idea why I found this so damn funny (well, except for the fact that it is), but here it is, a definitive etymology preserved for future citation in the OED:
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
...Kitchener was a wankbadger...

BTW Jade that's a grossly offensive thing to say.

You should know that the preferred term is People Who Have Non-Penetrative Sex With Woodland Animals. It's true that some of the more radical members of the PWHN-PSWWA community are trying to reclaim the word 'wankbadger' for themselves, but none of them would thank you for using it as a term of vulgar abuse.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Charlie-in-the-Box:
quote:
I will resist the urge to kick in the teeth anybody who asks me if I am going to get into shape this year. Apple IS a shape and I work hard to maintain it, thank you very much.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another one from Charlie-in-the-Box, extracted from a much longer post. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie-in-the-box:
...I bet the prick who decided to say, "Staff report" on the business closing list doesn't even drag his ugly ass into work either. He belongs in the trench of hell where there is a phone that never stops ringing that you can't reach, a broken copier that can't be fixed and you are always late for a meeting that you can't find. Eat it work, eat a big one! [Mad] [Two face]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I think we have a " person to watch" for 2014! [Cool]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Ware, Charlie-in-the-box, our Kelly is fickle. She'll pay you attention only long as you feed her pithy quotes. The moment you wish to settle to solid, responsible posting, she flits away.
[Waterworks]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
american piskie on the "Anglo-Catholic teaching" thread:
quote:

I do recall Fr David Nicholls giving some offence to his colleagues in the theology faculty by some tart observations on the Dessert Fathers.

Such as Abba Bakewell, I presume...
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
'Ware, Charlie-in-the-box, our Kelly is fickle. She'll pay you attention only long as you feed her pithy quotes. The moment you wish to settle to solid, responsible posting, she flits away.
[Waterworks]

Either that or I start calling you a friend.: D

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by David:
Phase 5 isn't inevitable. Some Hell Hosts die before they get there.

I just realized that this is a threat. You complete bastard.
I'd be happier if someone had nominated me in the 2014 Death Pool [Frown]

--------------------

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

Gildas rewrites the Creed for the CofE on the Priestly Genitalia thread over in DH:

quote:

We believe in the Authorised Version, the Book of Common Prayer, the rule of law, Parliamentary Democracy, not making windows into men's souls, the Music of George Friedrich Handel, custodial sentences for nonces, the autonomy of the reasoning intellect under God, standing alone after the fall of France, tolerance for eccentrics and blessed lunatics, the poetry of Herbert, Betjeman, Eliot and Hill, the Hanoverian Succession, the National Health Service, self-determination for the inhabitants of Gilbraltar and the Falkland Islands, the hymns of John Mason Neale and not taking ourselves too seriously. [clutches lapels, starts sounding like Jim Hacker] We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Sorry, I may have got a bit carried away, there. [Biased]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Clear-sightedness is always an asset here on the Ship...

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
What the ever lovin' fuck?

Sioni, did you leave the freak door unlocked again? We talked about this!

If the SOF freak door is left unlocked, it would result in a net loss of posters. The host lounge would be empty.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More like a 'freak crab-pot' really . Crawling in being easy , crawling out being less so

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Albertus, in Kerygmania, responding to a comment that Tolkien had served on the committee that developed the Jerusalem Bible:

quote:
2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon, also known as Peter, and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3 Philip and Bartholomew; Bilbo and Frodo; Samwise Gamgee and Peregrin Took; 4 Meriadoc Brandybuck, and Gollum, the one who betrayed him

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariston rewrites Scripture for the Ship on Frank Mitchell's thread in Hell:

quote:
You should work out your posting with fear and trembling
Amen.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Secrets of the Universe in Hell.

quote:
quote:
We have some amazingly ignorant dumbasses who've been managing it around here for years.

1. Insulting

2. True.

Funny, accurate, concise, brilliant in context. In two words and a couple of numbers. [And the upper case and lower case "i"s perfectly placed.]

I bows me head with respect.

Honourable mention to comet for the perfect set-up for the slam-dunk home-run 109 yard kick-off return. Touchdown!

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Managing what?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
says comet
quote:
opening a topic for discussion isn't really all that hard to grasp. seriously. We have some amazingly ignorant dumbasses who've been managing it around here for years.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Thank you. That makes a lot more sense.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Do You Exist thread in Purg:
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
It's quite brilliant, and cuts through centuries of turgid waffle.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016